Valet Parking at Heathrow Terminal 4

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

E55BOF

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
CLS63 SB, SLK55, CLK350 'Vert, Triumph Sprint (Bike not Dolly...),
I shall shortly be looking to arrange car parking for a holiday next March, and I'm minded to use a valet parking or Meet & Greet service, at Heathrow TN4. There's a plethora of companies, and booking this early, prices are very reasonable. Does anyone have any recommendations, for or against, regarding any particular operator?

E55BOF

Only used purple without worries.
Some will post opposite.
You pays your money and makes your choice.
But for me I'm booked in for a weeks time at T3.
T4 is easier
Good luck
Steve

I've used Meteor Meet & Greet several times at both Heathrow and Birmingham and found them to be excellent. I'm sure others are good too though.

Whoever you use it would be in your interest to request they check your car before they take it and acknowledge they have done so. If you don't and there is any damage to your car you may well be told this ....

"All clients can request to have their vehicle inspected with a member of staff on arrival at our premises and the relevant paperwork completed in the presence of both parties." ................ "I note from our records that this service was not requested on arrival at the car park, therefore it is impossible to determine if the alleged damage was already present on the vehicle.
Whilst APH will accept full responsibility for proven acts of negligence by members of our staff, on this occasion, I am sorry but where there is no conclusive proof to determine that the alleged damage was sustained on our premises it is very difficult to submit a claim".

I did get the damage paid for as I stuck to my guns and fortunately dealt with a lady who had verbally accepted liability before they sent the fob off letter to me.
If I reluctantly use this kind of service again I will ensure my vehicle is inspected whether the staff member booking in/collecting the car it is happy to do so or not.

Whoever you use it would be in your interest to request they check your car before they take it and acknowledge they have done so. If you don't and there is any damage to your car you may well be told this ....

I did get the damage paid for as I stuck to my guns and fortunately dealt with a lady who had verbally accepted liability before they sent the fob off letter to me.
If I reluctantly use this kind of service again I will ensure my vehicle is inspected whether the staff member booking in/collecting the car it is happy to do so or not.
Also of course check it over on collection whilst the driver is still there. Not so easy though when it's pi55ing down as it was when I arrived back at Gatwick a couple of weeks ago! (All was OK when I cleaned the car a couple of days later).

I used Meteor at LHR last year and all went well. Good value too.

This springs to mind:

Airport Parking - BBC Watchdog

They showed something regarding the heathrow meet&greet from what I remember, with cars being driven over the speed limits and parked in random, insecure (on street) locations...

Last edited:
This springs to mind:

Airport Parking - BBC Watchdog

They showed something regarding the heathrow meet&greet from what I remember, with cars being driven over the speed limits and parked in random, insecure (on street) locations...
I've read reports on this forum about dealers getting up to similar activities. We can chose not to have our cars serviced and not to use meet & greet if we're going to get overly concerned about the small possibility of problems. Or we can think of it as no less likely than damage to our cars that MAY happen the rest of the time. People have been killed in house fires so should we avoid being in houses?

I've read reports on this forum about dealers getting up to similar activities. We can chose not to have our cars serviced and not to use meet & greet if we're going to get overly concerned about the small possibility of problems. Or we can think of it as no less likely than damage to our cars that MAY happen the rest of the time. People have been killed in house fires so should we avoid being in houses?

I've always wanted a cave... though finding fire proof curtains for my cave would be hard :p

Being serious - maybe I'm a little paranoid when it comes to some of my cars. If I don't know the mechanic who will service it, I don't use that institution, so most dealerships are out. Same goes for other people driving my car...

I am overly protective with them, I will admit... not even SWMBO drives my cars...

M.

I always avoided valet park because I did not trust them following the Watchdog programme. Then a few weeks ago I did use the meet and greet at T5 - and was very impressed. They check the car over in a well-lit area rather like a hire car process. On collection I asked where the car went - there was no mileage on it - and he said they normally just stay in the short term park in the area reserved for meet and greet parking. Which got me thinking " why use the short term park if meet and greet costs less?":confused: Well, because you may not trust them.

The next day I parked in the short term and on returning, someone in a 4x4 had dinged the rear wing just below the window with the corner of their door.:mad: And this got me thinking.. what's the chance of the meet and greet dinging the car in a restricted parking area versus someone else doing it in the public area? Less chance in meet and greet methinks. - and if the car is damaged, at least you know who did it, whereas sadly most people in the public park seem drive off and leave you to pick up the bill. I will be using meet and greet more in future..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom