Valieo Rad

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Osgee

Car
C63 AMG Sold, Now W211 E55
What are the chances of my car suffering from the a Valieo Radiator failure for the second time.

E55k had a replacement TC, transmission and Rad in 2011, but they replaced it with what looks like a Valieo one..... Now possobly symptoms of failure again.

Hopfully its somthing other than that.

Symptoms:

Hesitation and slight bucking between 1500rpm and 2200rpm from light or medium throttle input to heavy input.

Light vibration and drone on light throttle reaching cruising speed then stops.

Gears change smoothly in most instances.

Car has headers and 77mm pulley. New mounts also

Very slim I would have thought, it was originally down to a faulty batch on the production line, you tend to get it the most if you load the car gradually up a hill, might be worth getting a full fault code read first.

Symptoms:

Hesitation and slight bucking between 1500rpm and 2200rpm from light or medium throttle input to heavy input.

Light vibration and drone on light throttle reaching cruising speed then stops.

Gears change smoothly in most instances.

Car has headers and 77mm pulley. New mounts also

Get a glycol test done on the ATF

going to get one done asap, finger crossed its just in need of a new TC,

cant see it being anything other than a dead TC at the very least.

the only thing that gives me hope is it still changes smooth when going slow.

just now it seems to stall a little on harsh acceleration in every gear at any revs, as if someone is putting the breaks on, every time its shifts.

when you say get the fault codes, will these be only read by star, as the car was in the garage not so long ago with Airmatic issue (now fixed) and the only codes were regarding that. but it wasn't a star system

looking through the cars history the last transmission change was at 60k its now on 109k so will see what the tests come back with.:(

The ATF is well overdue another change. 37k intervals I believe.
Hopefully not too serious for you.

The ATF is well overdue another change. 37k intervals I believe.
Hopefully not too serious for you.

How much is an ATF change?

Mine was 50k ago I think

going to get that in asap,

now I may be wrong or even sound a little stupid. but my coolant system is keeping pressure quite well, so if it was leaking into the transmission wouldn't the cooling system de-pressure quite fast as the transmission oil system isn't pressurized?:dk:

going to get that in asap,

now I may be wrong or even sound a little stupid. but my coolant system is keeping pressure quite well, so if it was leaking into the transmission wouldn't the cooling system de-pressure quite fast as the transmission oil system isn't pressurized?:dk:

My coolant leak was the coolant reservoir tank plastic leaking due to small micro-cracks formed overtime in the plastic

Ok, so gearbox oil looks ok, no signs of coolant just very dirty dark almost black.

Synptoms are lighter but still present ? New TC ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom