Valuation for a E220 Barge?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cl55 amg

Car
CL55 AMG
Good afternoon, I am looking at getting a workhorse and have the opportunity to get hold of a 2002 E220 with only 42K miles on the clock, full history and one owner, The owner is not after a lot but want me to make him a offer. Whats your opinions as I don't want to offend?

A bit more on the "spec" please - Leather, Aircon, cruise etc.. (and does the aircon work) I know its an old car but all helps to give a better valuation..

yes good spec, leather aircon (which works), pretty sure it has cruise. WBAC would offer 1K

Check the sub-frames and mounts plus jacking points for terminal corrosion as these can easily make it a non-viable proposition.
A MOT History check may help here.

£750

Check the sub-frames and mounts plus jacking points for terminal corrosion as these can easily make it a non-viable proposition.
A MOT History check may help here.
Thank you I will have a look, MOT has passed every year since 2006 with out anything major, just the usual tyre wear etc.

Sounds about right... what were you thinking?

around the 1K, but you know what these sellers can be like when they buy it new they think its worth a lot more than it is. AT then end of the day low millage aside its 15 years old!

around the 1K, but you know what these sellers can be like when they buy it new they think its worth a lot more than it is. AT then end of the day low millage aside its 15 years old!

Yeh but that means nothing now, it’s old and rusty ;)

Make him the offer and see what he says, don’t ask don’t get :)

I am surprised WBAC has offerred £1k for an old 210?
Just have a look on Ebay and see what something similar is fetching. Then at least you have a ball park figure to haggle on. There are many 210's on there with some opportunistic prices, and they just do not get sold.
The reality is, that it is worth whatever your pocket thinks it is worth. Just because it has many MOT passes under its belt does not mean it will go through more with no cost to you.
Personally, before i parted with money I would want to see it up on a ramp.
Just my 10'ps worth.

Steve

Is this the last of the W210's or the first of the W211's. 2002 was changeover year unless I'm mistaken.

headlights should give it away . did the w210 come with sbc ???

Is this the last of the W210's or the first of the W211's. 2002 was changeover year unless I'm mistaken.
Yes, 2002/52 plate is the earliest W211 I’ve seen.

The estates were all at least 2003.

I am surprised WBAC has offerred £1k for an old 210?
Just have a look on Ebay and see what something similar is fetching. Then at least you have a ball park figure to haggle on. There are many 210's on there with some opportunistic prices, and they just do not get sold.
The reality is, that it is worth whatever your pocket thinks it is worth. Just because it has many MOT passes under its belt does not mean it will go through more with no cost to you.
Personally, before i parted with money I would want to see it up on a ramp.
Just my 10'ps worth.

Steve

Well said and very good advice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom