Valuation Help Please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

davidbilyk

Car
S211 E320 CDi Sport
Hi Guys,

The time has come to face reality and admit to myself the old girl has to go.....

So I am looking for advice really, I have a late 1994 E280 Saloon in Blue Black with Mushroom Leather, see spec below;

· Blue Black Metallic
· Mushroom Leather
· Electric Driver and Passenger Seat (Drivers has memory seat)
· Electric Steering Wheel
· Wood and Leather Steering Wheel
· Sunroof
· Electric Windows
· Air Conditioning
· Low Mileage 67000 (and a few... I will check and revert)
· 3 Owners
· Full History

She is not immaculate, the boot has been replaced with one off another W124, same colour but slightly different shade and has a couple of dings in it, both front arches are showing a little rust, I treated it when I first got it and it hasn’t spread at all.

The interior is in average condition, driver’s seat has no rips in it but there is a couple of marks on it.... I am looking at getting these tidied up though.

The car was purchased from an old boys family who were selling off his estate after he passed away, he lived on a static caravan park and was the gardener/general handy man and he used the car for moving stuff round. It does have a couple of little marks on the bumpers, probably from reversing into plant pots...

I have a load of parts to either go with her or sell off individually, headlights, rear electric blind which I was looking to retro fit to name a couple..

I intended to do a full restoration with her and have her looking new again, she may well come with a set of genuine inner wings if someone is looking to go that far, if not they will be sold off separately.

So then, onto the advice really, how much should I advertise her for? Would anyone on here be looking for a well specced W124 with low mileage that needs a little loving??

All advice will be gratefully received!!

Thanks

David

This is going to be a hard one to answer David

This is going to be a hard one to answer David

I know D, I thought I would put the question out there as I have no idea what to advertise it for.... :confused:

Ebay with no reserve just doesn't seem the best option :crazy:

Agreed very hard to know. In its favour: good colour scheme, good spec, low mileage. Not so good : its a saloon and would need some work to bring up to scratch. Its probably worth more to you than its likely to fetch. Possibly around £1000. You see plenty advertised around £1000 - 1500 but its hard to know if they sell or not. Does it have a full MOT? If its a mechanical as well as cosmetic project then worth a lot less.

It is out of MOT at the minute but it will be going in for one in the next 2 weeks, last MOT it required rear brake pipes and not much else, bushes will be pretty dry now though as it's just sat on the drive so will no doubt need those sorting.

It will be getting sold with 12 months MOT on it, unless it's mega ££££ to sort and then it will be getting broken....

It`s hard finding someone willing to take a saloon as a project
For what it`s worth,I`d say keep it and deal with it slowly

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom