Valuation help please?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MD5

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
wme451 a124 r129 s211 r230
How would you value TW 08 ENZ on retention certificate? (£30k would be nice, but no home visits please!;)).

Well.... if you can persuade John Prescott to swap his Jags for Mercs....

That's quite a nice plate, the thing with plates is the price you see them advertised for is never the price that's paid. Whilst you can advertise it for whatever you want and just take the first offer you get that's reasonable.

A friend of mine as a fairly nice plate for sale think it was 2 JPY or something, he wanted £2k for it, but put it up for £5k and got £2k pretty easily for it. I think if he has advertised it for £2k he would have got silly offers for it.

Having said that I don't know anything about the plate trade, I've never even had one myself and don't like getting with part exchanges that require a plate change if I can help it.

Well.... if you can persuade John Prescott to swap his Jags for Mercs....

i doubt its worth a great deal to be honest. maybe around 1.5k to the right buyer.... its a "standard 08 plate" and also is limited to 08 cars onwards. the main thing it needs spacing VERY illegally to look good. this will limit the market and price i'd imagine.

i doubt its worth a great deal to be honest. maybe around 1.5k to the right buyer.... its a "standard 08 plate" and also is limited to 08 cars onwards. the main thing it needs spacing VERY illegally to look good. this will limit the market and price i'd imagine.

Doesn't seem to stop people doing it though!!!

Actually, the correct spacing is TW08 ENZ, which isn't a million miles away. Thanks for the comments so far. You can even make offers if you like!

Did you hear about the guy who couldn't afford a personal plate so he changed his name by deed poll to S 490 UDR

Did you hear about the guy who couldn't afford a personal plate so he changed his name by deed poll to S 490 UDR

Not since last Friday....;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom