Valuation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dunkan

Car
SLC 300 AMG Line
What are you thoughts on value for this

SL500 2 owners FMBSH 49,000 reg on 1st March 06 so cheaper tax

The wheels need to go but overall not in bad condition, rear arches looked good and no water in the boot

The biggest issue is a crack low down in the front bumper which ive been told is very difficult to repair if not impossible

Last edited:
Rather than repair the bumper, you could always replace it. Sometimes it would be more cost efficient/negligible difference to replace it than spending money on labour costs trying to get it repaired and it still not being 100%.
I say this, as recently I was trying to source bumpers from a ML63 (as part of a project) and found several for sale, with cracks, damage repaired but still required finishing, fixing points snapped etc which were obviously cheaper than straight undamaged (ok the wrong colour) ones. When I did the maths on buying cheap damaged ones and spending on labour costs to put them right, it was a no brainer for me to buy them 100% straight and get them painted to suit.

Factoring the cost of a replacement bumper (is what I would do) would be my starting point, as if it wasn't such a PITA to do, surely the seller would have done it!

Stunning colour BTW! ;)

Yes I agree, I've been looking for wheels and front bumpers this morning to see whats available and at what kind of cost

Yep I love the colour but not a fan of the wood trim inside which I would change

Had a quick look on the Bay, theres a couple on there, £120 for a black one from a 350 and circa £300 for a silver one from a 500.

The wood trim can be easily changed by having it wrapped or hydro dipped giving it a more modern/sporty feel I guess. Couple of members on here have done both methods on their SL's.

Check the classifieds on here and the other side for wheels, frequently pop up on there both OEM and aftermarket.

Good luck

Jasper Blue if I am not mistaken - seem to be a few more SL's for sale in this colour at the moment than when I was looking for one last year.

Cheers Abb

I have a local guy that does the hydro dipping which was my first thought, an easy cheap mod to do.

I'm waiting on the seller to get back to me to see where their at with moving on the price due to the bumper problem and the awful wheels.

Jasper Blue if I am not mistaken - seem to be a few more SL's for sale in this colour at the moment than when I was looking for one last year.

This ones not advertised yet, its actually in a friends paintshop getting a scuff on the bumper
painted and readied for sale by a private owner

Had a quick look on the Bay, theres a couple on there, £120 for a black one from a 350 and circa £300 for a silver one from a 500.

The wood trim can be easily changed by having it wrapped or hydro dipped giving it a more modern/sporty feel I guess. Couple of members on here have done both methods on their SL's.

Check the classifieds on here and the other side for wheels, frequently pop up on there both OEM and aftermarket.

Good luck

Is the wood trim fairly easy to remove ?

To bring it back OT, seems around the £13k mark, looking at what else is out there.

Is this not a m113 engine?
M272 is 5.5 in newer models right?
M273 V8 from 2006 I believe, but a quick check of the vehicle VIN details would tell for certain. If its an early M273 rather than an M113 its almost certainly in the suspect engine number group.:dk:

I'm not buying the car now but thanks for all your input guys, most appreciated

Hi Dunkan, was there anything specific that put you off? Reason I ask, is it could possibly help other members if they are in the market for one, as it's obviously getting prepped to come onto the market. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom