Value of CL65?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldguy57

MB Enthusiast
Car
Now various and sundry
Came across a really nice CL 65. Black with porcelain interior 2009 with 11k miles. Utterly immaculate inside and out and full MB service history. Night vision and usual stuff (no fridge) Usual story owner not that interested in selling but might listen to a reasonable offer but not advertised for sale. Any sensible suggestions as what a realistic offer would be bearing in mind a rare car but highly limited market?

Came across a really nice CL 65. Black with porcelain interior 2009 with 11k miles. Utterly immaculate inside and out and full MB service history. Night vision and usual stuff (no fridge) Usual story owner not that interested in selling but might listen to a reasonable offer but not advertised for sale. Any sensible suggestions as what a realistic offer would be bearing in mind a rare car but highly limited market?

Please pm me with details .

Wouldn't surprise me if it was advertised for between £30k > £35k given the prices I've seen for some of them.

Not sure how realistic that is though.

Having been in this position before on other rare stuff I can predict the scenario. Seller "reluctantly" states ludicrous price- wont take a penny less and then sometime down the line you find that the item has been sold for a lot less than I would have paid. Not holding my breath but it was great getting close to a fantastic car.

Cl65

I was looking at a 2011 one - facelift for £60,000

There has been a CL65 2008 on but started at £75,000 ..... now down to £55,000

Every (every !) MB person I spoke to said avoid like the plague

Huge expense if they go wrong - and many parts are not readily available

I was really put off despite the great car that it is

I was looking at a 2011 one - facelift for £60,000

There has been a CL65 2008 on but started at £75,000 ..... now down to £55,000

Every (every !) MB person I spoke to said avoid like the plague

Huge expense if they go wrong - and many parts are not readily available

I was really put off despite the great car that it is

I totally agree. What's more, I'm not sure how you even got it in your head that you want one. Everyone on here knows they are the most overpriced, unreliable, gas guzzling, blood sucking, wallet emptying, wrongly designed cars Mercedes ever produced. So much to go wrong, so expensive to insure, run and maintain, it is un-freaken-believable!!! And I've got an even older one from 2004. Don't know how I'm still breathing.

Alx said:
I totally agree. What's more, I'm not sure how you even got it in your head that you want one. Everyone on here knows they are the most overpriced, unreliable, gas guzzling, blood sucking, wallet emptying, wrongly designed cars Mercedes ever produced. So much to go wrong, so expensive to insure, run and maintain, it is un-freaken-believable!!! And I've got an even older one from 2004. Don't know how I'm still breathing.
Lucky you
At least your life is not boring

Just barely !lol

Yep scary stories about this model, although my mates one has behaved itself very well and for 5 years never let him down. Having had very cheap motoring for a long time the running costs don't bother me - I just need one!

oldguy57 said:
Yep scary stories about this model, although my mates one has behaved itself very well and for 5 years never let him down. Having had very cheap motoring for a long time the running costs don't bother me - I just need one!

Go for it
Brilliant cars they are

Cl65

I agree - the quilted seats did it for me

I do slightly regret it but now I have been offered a 2004 SL65 AMG and I am thinking the same . Be great but again it's a potential gamble and sadly a car that is best used sparingly to preserve the value ( stupid I know)

If the price is sensible and you love the car why not !

Get it health checked by MB and assess the feedback from MB - at least you minimise the risk

I agree - the quilted seats did it for me

I do slightly regret it but now I have been offered a 2004 SL65 AMG and I am thinking the same . Be great but again it's a potential gamble and sadly a car that is best used sparingly to preserve the value ( stupid I know)

If the price is sensible and you love the car why not !

Get it health checked by MB and assess the feedback from MB - at least you minimise the risk

I realise sensible and CL65 cant be used in the same sentence and I cant whine if things go wrong after the event. Man logic always beats common sense in my world but I don't usually come a total cropper. Bit like a lady I met a long time ago - everyone but everyone warned me off her. Was she a total nightmare , yes she was. Did I have one of the best times of my life- you bet I did. Not of course that I am comparing women with cars :rolleyes:

I personally would say go for it - if I could be certain I would behave with it and I could get a facelift in the 30s, I would have gone for one.

I can remember a time when I was not certain about buying my previous E55 due to the potential bills...

5.5 years on it's sold and I am now on a CL and not regretting it one bit - if anything I relish the memories.

I don't believe they are THAT unreliable but when they go wrong they do cost.

However, I would say a £10k slush fund is probably wise but I doubt it would all be needed - especially if you know a good independent.

If the car proves to be a lemon or you've had enough, assuming the car is running well I doubt you will lose much so move it on - they are still pretty rare after all.

I'm hardly a prolific poster here but I wanted to say that the CL is not necessarily an unreliable money pit. I've had my CL63 for nearly 3 years now and in that time it's cost me 2 routine services, 2 technical tests (MoT equivalent) and quite a bit of petrol. That's it and I wouldn't change it.

Buy it and enjoy :thumb:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom