Value of old furniture ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Whitey

Car
Seat Arosa 1.4 Auto :-(
A few years ago I bought what looks to be a similar table (no chairs) for £150.

Thank you for the reply !

It is a nice table, just I don't think it will fit in with the new decor.

Ignore the Buy it Now lot.
Let the auction run its course and you'll know to the penny exactly what it's worth.

What you have is a small barley twist drawleaf table that looks to me as if it has an oak veneered top. The outside edges of the top are probably solid oak. The legs are probably oak although they may be beech. It will date from somewhere between 1925 and 1960.
The chairs are just four associated items that I think are probably beech framed and are from the 1950's onwards.
An auction value of these would be £30- 50 and I would be happy with anything around or over this(obviously). Sometimes you get lucky and make much more! That's the beauty of an auction.

"Brown" non-antique furniture unfortunately has little value to the trade, so will probably only attract interest from private local buyers.
I wish you well, but as already been said, anything around the £50 mark would be good.

Have to say, style/trends aside, you have to admire the condition and longevity of such furniture - 60-80 years old (?) and that table looks in nearly A1 condition :cool:

I can't see most stuff bought these days lasting a quarter of that! :)

"Brown" non-antique furniture unfortunately has little value to the trade, so will probably only attract interest from private local buyers.
I wish you well, but as already been said, anything around the £50 mark would be good.

Spot on there, 10 years ago we used to send them down the dump, slightly more interest lately in darker wood items but I'd be happy if I got 50 quid as well but you never know with eBay. If I was selling in my shop is put up at 95 quid and probably get 70 quid.

I couldn't even give a similar set away a few years ago. Just getting someone to take them away would be a result in my experience.

Last edited:
^ that said, someone has bid on it !

You've got to remember that even a bag of kindling is a fiver now..............

£51 was the final price.

Nice eccentric lady picked up the chairs in a saloon W203.

It must be nice to have a car just as a car - chair legs on the climate control screen and resting things on the bumper.

A courier is to pick up the table itself, I've been told just to put it in the front garden ?!

Chris

Put it in the front garden and if it is like here, someone will take it away, not necessarily the courier!

^ haha, my initial thoughts also.

I told her I will put it in the garage - she hadn't thought about the rain either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom