Valuing a registration plate

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tan

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
W140 S-Class, Porsche Cayenne and Porsche Boxster
Hi

I have a registration plate that I have had on a few of my cars over the years, but feel like a change.

The plate could be read as SL500 or SLS and in the past one of the registration companies said to put it up for £10k which I can't see myself.

Is there a way to put a value on it or is it just a case of putting it on the market and see if there are any takers?

Regards

Tan

It is worth whatever someone is prepared to pay for it .

try any of the reg selling companies which you find in the classified of auto magazines and newspapers. Just call them up. They will give you a market value. You don't have to sell it with them. They will charge a high commission but they have the market.
Also expect lots of cold calls since they will sell your details to third party companies. Not tryng to be a smart ar*e just stating the facts so that you are aware.

What is the plate?

I advertised a plate a few years back with RegTransfers. The sent me a valuation of what they would pay me if it was sold by then. As it was more than what I initially paid, I agreed. They then put it on their site for around £300-£400 more, which didn't bother me as I would have got what I wanted out of it, plus their price imo was optimistic. I eventually sold it on ebay but it's not a bad way to get it advertised and get an idea of value.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom