Valve caps stolen...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alps

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E63s s213 2019, E55 2004 Silver-SOLD, E63 w212 Weistec AMG-SOLD, E55 2004-SOLD, C36 1997-SOLD
i knew it would happen at some poit, parked in the local asda, whne i got home noticed that 2 of my drivers side valve caps were missing!

theiving scum, I know this has been threaded before , but i thought id get my rant out the way!

happened to me parked on south shore car park Blackpool

happened to me parked on south shore car park Blackpool been on pleasure beech for 7 hours just reaching car over bridge notices to lads on bikes bobbing and weaving around cars (just bought 5 shiny £5 valve caps) watched them move around car park checked mi wheels and they'd gone :( ..... popped the wife and kids in car calmly started walking over to the other side of the car park towards the lads with a happy face :D till I was just passing them reached out and gripped the lads handle bars on his bike and asked for my dust caps back which he did rather sheepishly I picked mine out of a hand full he had, at which point I proceeded to take the valve caps off his bike and I dropped them down a grid,,,,,,,,,,,priceless :bannana:

Just lost half of my second set this weekend. Well p1553d off. Going for black ones now.

My dad overcame this problem but getting a bit of stick, picking up some dog**** and putting a dab on each cap. Had little trouble after. Must remember to clean off with wet rag before cheking pressures though!!

As i mentioned in another thread, i had mine stolen last week, It really P!55ed me off.
You look after your car, keep it clean and do little things, like chrome valve caps that make it special and scum invade this with out a second thought. What made it feel worse, 30 mins before they must of got robbed a woman commented in the petrol station about of how nice and shiney my car was - she couldn't beleive the shine. which gives you that feel good factor and sense of pride over your car.
Maybe I'm over reacting, lol, But it really got to me, made me feel like you can't have nothing nice !! :mad:

Just had mine nicked too, And they were tightened with pliers. Also my bonnet's been keyed. :mad: :mad: Good for you ,if I'd had caught the little barstewards, I would have done the same.

Last edited:
Had the £17 MB Valve covers nicked.....also back to black plastic ones!

Slightly different, but just as bad, a friend of mine's mother has a real old school black 280 SEL, (like the one in Ronin,but black) double chrome bumpers, nice brown velour interior, which is worth nothing but she loves it , anyway the front star kept getting nicked off it, so my mate Josh and his dad, did a nightly vigil for a week (sad, i know :eek: ).

So one night this group of guys from the local uni, came up the road mightily pissed, and one chap grabs the star, at which point Josh and his dad come bursting out of the house about 5 yards from this guy with a bat!, by all accounts he literally crapped himself on the spot. No beatings were needed, the other guys ran off and Josh sat on the guy until Plod turned up, and nicked the guy, who subsequently was fined £250 and had to write a letter of apology.

This was some years ago now, i expect if it had happened nowadays, Plod would have busted Josh for assault or something and sent the star thief off to Majorca to 'help' mend his ways !!

Just my two penneth ! Keep up the good work !

Might have to 'face off' like some car stereo units, where you take the front panel with you when you leave the car. You take the caps with you :D

Of course this ritual when leaving and entering the car might bemuse a few passengers and fellow car parkers.

I think it must have been kids on bikes as only 2 were nicked, im on the look out for bikes with AMG valve caps! id better not find them cos they might have an 18" monoblock roll over them!

Halfords chrome valve caps at £2.99 a set now grace my wheels. The fancy MB ones vanished months ago during a boozy work "weekend conference" at a country hotel.

One of my workmates did it as a wind up. Having taken strong drink as only a Dubliner can, he then could not remember where he hid them!

Peadar, you are a dozy eejit.

uumode said:
Might have to 'face off' like some car stereo units, where you take the front panel with you when you leave the car. You take the caps with you :D
I had to remove the wing-indicators from my vauxhall every time I parked at work because they were always being stolen by the local kids, I failed an MOT for that once! Was tempted to just fit orange bulbs and leave them exposed but the lense is required to reflect the light! :(

I remember reading about some anti theft valve caps. Im not sure exactly how they work but i think its some kind of allen key locking thingymebob. I just wish i could remember were id seen them!!!

I found them on ebay

locking valve caps

Last edited:
i knew it would happen at some poit, parked in the local asda, whne i got home noticed that 2 of my drivers side valve caps were missing!

theiving scum, I know this has been threaded before , but i thought id get my rant out the way!
Hi just have black plastic ones .got fed up with thieves.

happened to me parked on south shore car park Blackpool

happened to me parked on south shore car park Blackpool been on pleasure beech for 7 hours just reaching car over bridge notices to lads on bikes bobbing and weaving around cars (just bought 5 shiny £5 valve caps) watched them move around car park checked mi wheels and they'd gone :( ..... popped the wife and kids in car calmly started walking over to the other side of the car park towards the lads with a happy face :D till I was just passing them reached out and gripped the lads handle bars on his bike and asked for my dust caps back which he did rather sheepishly I picked mine out of a hand full he had, at which point I proceeded to take the valve caps off his bike and I dropped them down a grid,,,,,,,,,,,priceless :bannana:
Very clever, your happy smiling face was a good idea & of course I'm sure your ego benefitted, but next time you do that you could well find yourself being attacked & even stabbed. And all for some valve caps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very clever, your happy smiling face was a good idea & of course I'm sure your ego benefitted, but next time you do that you could well find yourself being attacked & even stabbed. And all for some valve caps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Might explain why he's not been here for 14 years...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom