Valvetronic Exhaust

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

addbuyer

SUPPORTER
Car
Panamera Turbo S
Is anyone running a valvetronic exhaust?
If so, is it just the valvetronic or do you also have a resonator delete / down pipes / crossflow?

Are they worth the investment?

depends on what u want..main advantage is being able to make it quieter than stock if you want whereas with sec cat delete and resonator delete its not switchable...lot of dosh but isnt everything...i have the full fi system savage when blatting it around but secret squirell when i want it to be

depends on what u want..main advantage is being able to make it quieter than stock if you want whereas with sec cat delete and resonator delete its not switchable...lot of dosh but isnt everything...i have the full fi system savage when blatting it around but secret squirell when i want it to be

Interesting. How does it make it quieter than stock? I thought it was to bypass the stock system to make it louder.

dont know the ins and outs but it simply is a banshee when open but really subtle when closed ...similar to standard

Valvetronic exhaust usually comes cat back, hence resonator delete.

If you go with the complete system and a Remap you will be looking at 550 BHP of glorious horses.
Like Gasman says....Valves open you can unleash hell and Thunder and with the valves closed you can drive past a monastery and not upset anyone....its one of those no brainers when it comes to modifications for the C63.

The standard AMG system really doesn't have a lot of sound deadening inside. This is why the car is fairly loud despite two rear silencers, a resonator and four catalytic converters. So, as I found out, when you add headers to the AMG system, you unleash ferocious animal. Luckily, after a few hundred miles it tones down but it is always louder than standard during cold start and full throttle acceleration; luckily cruising around it is very quiet still and doesn't drone. To my ears, it's actually perfect.

Anyway, the valvetronic systems have been designed in mind that you will fit the full system including headers. This therefore means that the rear silencers have a rather large amount of sound deadening so that when you have headers installed, the car remains no louder than standard at all times, if not quieter actually. You then have the option open the valves and make it as loud as you like, louder still than headers on the AMG system.

I personally don't understand why you'd fit a valvetronic rear system to a C63 without headers. I suppose if you find the car too loud standard then you might, but the noise is surely a lot of the appeal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom