vandalised wing mirror on new c class

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sajhaji

Car
new c class
Hey peeps, my first post here, hope someone can help

I've just to found half my wing mirror on my driveway and the other half hanging - i managed to clip the 2 bits together.

the electric mirror still works and the glass is intact and i think the shell seems ok as well.

the bit thats broken is the bit which the shell sits on and allows the mirror to fold in. ive temporarly mounted it but its not stable and the whole mirror wobbles around whilst driving.

took it to a Merc dealer and they said i need a skeleton and quoted me about £300 + £100 on labour - does that sound at all right?

the indicator on the mirror does not work - could this have been due to the fall on my drive way or could it be a cabling / wiring problem?

Im based in bedfordshire - any advice on who can sort me out as cheaply as possible?

thanks
Saj

Welcome to the forum
will the insurance not cover that?
you could try auto electricians. Is this the w204 c class/
being the new one, it would be a bit hard to get alternate pricing, so you could try different dealers by phone. it does help

Hi, thanks for your response, i think its the w204 - its the new shape c class which i beleive is known as the w204 - sorry for my ignorance here.

could go through insurance but i think i have a £350 excess and it will increase my future premiums so im reluctant to go through insurance.

thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom