vaneo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stuart O

Car
C 250cdi est.
right - here goes..

my old workhorse Honda shuttle has to go - I need something cheap and cheerfull that can hold 4 sets golf clubs regularly - and I thought Vaneo, they're cheap and plentifull 2nd hand at low prices ...;)

let the slagging commence :rolleyes:

Vaneos plentiful? M-B dropped it pretty swiftly because it never sold, they're pretty rare in the UK ... certainly down here!

You don't mean Viano, do you?

The Vaneo.

One of the worst MB's ever made.

Terrible ride and comfort. Gutless and pasticy

Sorry - but here comes slagging - I used a Vaneo once - never ever ever again! If you want something of that ilk - I'd go for a Berlingo or similar. Don't try and hide rubbish behind the three pointy star - coz it is still rubbish.

I'd be surprised if they were plentiful too as they just didn't go down well - for obvious reasons.

Come on there must be someone with a good word to say - theres q a few in Autotrader below 5K - cant be bad at that can it ????????:crazy:

I don't think anybody will have a good word to say about them. Utter rubbish.

right - here goes..

my old workhorse Honda shuttle has to go - I need something cheap and cheerfull that can hold 4 sets golf clubs regularly - and I thought Vaneo, they're cheap and plentifull 2nd hand at low prices ...;)

let the slagging commence :rolleyes:

They're not the most dynamic of Mercedes, but a better bet than a Kangoo or Belingo.

If it's just something to knock about in and do tip runs with, go for it.

It's a ba$tardised version of the first A Class, which hardly had a good reputation for quality / reliability / customer satisfaction. So no surprise that the Vaneo wasn't very popular.

Plenty of much better 'runarounds' available for much less money.

Another vote for "complete sheds". All of the above and possibly the ugliest car ever made ... by anyone. Have you actually seen one in the flesh?

If you are prepared to be seen driving this:

Vaneo-125.jpg

You might also consider this:

309089536abdca3b845b829a5a918c45.jpg

Sainsbury do a natty line in recycleable bags to put over your head...

OK so they're not great :rolleyes:

all I need is a safe runabout for my wife when I am away at work - ferrying kids to school & golf club - every day..the interior will get a hard time regardless.

With bigger wheels it doesnt look too bad if you get the right colour :eek:
is there major reliability issues with a 3 year old petrol or diesel :confused:

It's mechanically identical to the A class.

my dad has one and don't really recommend one

interior trim is very flimsy and bits just fall off, very slow, and the ride is hard,
the engine bay is very restricted so labour charges will be high for repairs such as gearbox / clutch.

only good thing it is very roomy like a van in the back :D

OK I hear you - I'll forget it..:eek:

now looking at C 202 / 203 diesel estate budget restricted to 7-8 K tops - should find something reasonable for that eh :confused:

can't comment much as i have never had or driven one.But if you are not too bothered about style and want space, try the ssangyong rodius. it has a merc engine and box and it looks challenging or try a mitsubishi grandis

Last edited:
do you need the seats? If not get an A class. If so get a Zafira (!) or a Verso. The back seats in a Vaneo are not a good place to be anyway, we looked at them and bought something else instead.

Best way to describe the Vaneo is as an A class without the charm and a higher centre of mass...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom