vanity mirror covers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

colinhelen

Car
e320 cdi estate 2002
Hi can anyone help? I have a 2002 E230 estate Elegance and both the sun visor mirrors have lost their flip up plastic covers, which means the vanity lights above them in the roof don't work either as the covers seem to have something which actuates a swith in the visor.

Looking at the mirrors in the visors there's an indentation at the top about the size/shape of a crayola crayon and there's what looks like two spade connectors coming out which I assume the cover cklicks onto.

Mercedes want me to buy entire sun visors for a fortune when all i need is these little plastic flip up covers. I'm not bothered about colour, altjough the interior is a light grey. Does anyone have a pair of these to sell?

you need to buy the whole unit really.

however you may be lucky and find many other (and older) models share the same 'door' bit. i'd suggest ebay.

My W124 (1994) has flip up mirrors and they do come on ebay occasionally for about £40 a set. If you need me to i can take some photos of mine so atleast you can confirm/know whether older ones would still fit your newer car.

otherwise try and contact a breaker of modern mercs

Last edited:
you need to buy the whole unit really.

however you may be lucky and find many other (and older) models share the same 'door' bit. i'd suggest ebay.

My W124 (1994) has flip up mirrors and they do come on ebay occasionally for about £40 a set. If you need me to i can take some photos of mine so atleast you can confirm/know whether older ones would still fit your newer car.

otherwise try and contact a breaker of modern mercs

The W124 ones and the early W210 mirror assemblies differ quite a lot from the later ones.

(http://cart.euromercmercedesparts.co.uk/index.php?p=product&id=1108&parent=0)

OP may well be better off finding a pair of used visors from a breaker.

Looking around on Ebay etc , it would appear that most people who have these cars have lost / broken these things! It seems that if anyone working for a plastics co could make these, there would be some profit to be had.

Stupid question but a March 2002 model E320 Estate - is that a W210 or a W211?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom