Variable ride quality, S212

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

milleplod

Car
S212 E350CDi
As per the title, my E350CDi ride quality seems to change from day to day! It's currently on 17" Nokian winters, it has basic self-levelling rear suspension, and it's done around 100k miles.

The airbags were replaced less than a year ago. Can they affect ride quality, or is that just down to the springs and shocks?

It's the variation over the same roads that's got me flummoxed! Some days it seems smooth and compliant, on others it's harsh and crashy.

Pete

As per the title, my E350CDi ride quality seems to change from day to day! It's currently on 17" Nokian winters, it has basic self-levelling rear suspension, and it's done around 100k miles.

The airbags were replaced less than a year ago. Can they affect ride quality, or is that just down to the springs and shocks?

It's the variation over the same roads that's got me flummoxed! Some days it seems smooth and compliant, on others it's harsh and crashy.

Pete
Could it be somethings up with the adaptive dampers? To be honest I’ve not got my head round how these work - I’m talking about the ones that come as standard, not the airmatic setup. I’m not convinced there’s not an issue with mine, the rear doesn’t really feel that plush at times, especially with square edged hits. Mines had all new airbags etc but the shocks are the originals and I’m on just over 100k.

From what I understand they were standard, and they’re mechanical. Not entirely sure how they work tbh!

Hmmmm, intriguing. They don't seem to be ruinously expensive - at least, aftermarket ones aren't. I'll do some Googling!

Pete

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom