VARIO ROOF ELECTRICA PROBLEMS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Yelnats69

Car
SL350 (230)
I have a 2009 SL350 with the vario roof stuck open.
I can find plenty of information on the hydraulics need help with the electrical side,
My symptoms:-
Roof completely dead, when switch pressed, (switch does not seem to have a fault as at slow speed registers display reports unable to open)
it appears no power is getting to the system, whenswitch no noise or windows drops or movement noise.
seems that a main fuse or relay is not supplying electrical power to the roof system.
is there a test tree for the electronics.
can anyone help ...its wet and windy and car is outside, (covered up)
I'm located in Kent

Do you have Mobilo cover? Really needs STAR to interrogate the system and see what's wrong. They could also close the roof until repairs can be done.

This any good
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I have a 2009 SL350 with the vario roof stuck open.
I can find plenty of information on the hydraulics need help with the electrical side,
My symptoms:-
Roof completely dead, when switch pressed, (switch does not seem to have a fault as at slow speed registers display reports snaptube vidmate unable to open)
it appears no power is getting to the system, whenswitch no noise or windows drops or movement noise.
seems that a main fuse or relay is not supplying electrical power to the roof system.
is there a test tree for the electronics.
can anyone help ...its wet and windy and car is outside, (covered up)
I'm located in Kent
if you have the manual you can rely on it if you wanna DIY

People try to help, advice may be right or wrong, but its annoying when the people asking for help can't be bothered replying.

People try to help, advice may be right or wrong, but its annoying when the people asking for help can't be bothered replying.
Do you have Mobilo cover? Really needs STAR to interrogate the system and see what's wrong. They could also close the roof until repairs can be done.

Hi chic0821,
My car is my hobby, I do appreciate all the help offered by members, but unless there is a development on my side or I have tried their suggestions their is nothing to write.
I am reliant, on many factors, time, age (78), weather (no garage), help available.
I have a icarsoft MBv2.0, (need advice as to what it can do on Vario) but no access to "Star system"
My local dealers do not impress me, they seem to experiment at my expense.
I would love to find a member that knows about these roofs, and the roll bar (I think that roll bar not operating or trying to move, is a major factor in my case.
At the moment its a work in progress,
but will keep members informed, in the meantime...thanks to everybody.

Ok suns out, so the saga of my SL230 roof continues.
I now have an Icar MB2 so any member familiar with the roof testing procedure, can instruct me what to look for:

Car symptoms:
Vario roof does not work
dont have that cover have a Icar MB2 but not sure what to look for:

seems like it does not go to stage 1, pull the switch, dash says "roof operating" then, changes to "not operating" nothing happens no window drop or movement of any kind....seems electrically dead.
roll bar not working either.

battery OK
Flaps OK

next ?????

Well its fixed, no apparent reason other than removing and re-fitting fuses, maybe parked too close to Range Rover and gremlins jumped???

Thanks to all contributions and suggestions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom