Vauxhall cascada

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

grober

MB Master
Car
W204 ESTATE
Got a CLK convertible that's "getting on a bit" maybe a few problems with the hood+ a couple of big repair bills??--- you would like a new E CLASS Cabriolet but can't stretch to the monthly repayments on £40,000 --- how about one of these---- perhaps ?? the natural successor to the well loved [ by some] now departed SAAB convertible-- the new Vauxhall Cascada start at £24,000! :dk:

Last edited:
Got a CLK convertible that's "getting on a bit" maybe a few problems with the hood+ a couple of big repair bills??--- you would like a new E CLASS Cabriolet but can't stretch to the monthly repayments on £40,000 --- how about one of these---- perhaps ?? the natural successor to the well loved [ by some] now departed SAAB convertible-- the new Vauxhall Cascada start at £24,000! :dk:

Is that not an Astra with no roof?

Is Cascada not that dodgy dance group with the fit bird fronting it ?

It doesn't have the cache of the Saab, but the price is right (comparatively) if you're ok driving a Vauxhall.

OFFICIAL: 2013 Opel/Vauxhall Cascada fully revealed [video] Designed and developed in Germany, the Cascada to be built at Opel’s new production facility in Gliwice, Poland. In you want a 4 seater convertible----?? Is this another example of the gap closing between the mass produced sector and the prestige makes?
[YOUTUBE]qpGfO54h4s0[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
The review I read said it was rather good, I like it, give it an Opel badge though

How about a 2 year old Eclass cab? 10 years from now it will turn heads unlike this, which will be as cool as a Vaxuhall Calibera is now.

How about a 2 year old Eclass cab? 10 years from now it will turn heads unlike this, which will be as cool as a Vaxuhall Calibera is now.

Valid choice of course but was why I mentioned new. Goes to my continuing concern about the wisdom of owning modern prestige heavily electronic laden vehicles outwith the manufacturers warranty period. Mercedes cabriolets have always been good long term investments in the past. I'm not convinced this will remain the case. :dk:

nope,not for me thanks,a Griffin or three pointed star,know where my money would go.

Fair comment. Current price differential would be around £15,000. At what price differential would you change your mind? Say at a differential of £20,000 maybe ???---- or would a new Mercedes convertible still honestly be twice as good to drive/ look at as the Opel convertible ? Looking at depreciation rates after 3 years say at 50% retained value for the Merc you have lost £20,000. With the Opel --- lets go for a poorer retained value of 33% you have lost around £17,000. I guess it would depend on the different ownership experience they both offered. Remember they are both German designed and developed cars and I'll wager have quite few components in common in their build . Nowadays I certainly wouldn't reject a car on the basis of the badge on the bonnet. That gap continues to narrow I think.:dk:

There are large discounts to be had, apparently....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom