Vectra 2.2 sri broken...?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Graham N C

Car
CLS
broken time chain been told..any mecanics on here near me..good on vectras

its a 56 2.2 sri special edition was told when i got it ..with built in sat nav snowflake alloys full factory body kit and black lights font rear ?? low miles full mot etc etc

what i need to know is any one on here had any dealings with this issue..
do i keep it . spend more money had respray and alloys refurb.
or do i get rid how much are these worth ???? running or non running could be a good project for some one
Was my spare car before the Merc..lend it my daughter...DAD ITS BROKEN.....

I don't know much about the issue except that a former neighbour I had was running a 2.2 Vectra on a Y plate I think it was.

His timing chain snapped and it wrote the car off.

Before he got it there, he was asked if it was the 2.2 as they wouldn't be surprised if it was.

Apparently not a great engine reliability-wise to start with... let alone for longevity.

Buy a used engine and go again with it, or weigh it in must be about the 2 options with a 10 year old Vectra?

Evidently the oil nozzle lubricating the timing chain gets blocked easily leading to overheating and breakage . Known fault on the 2.2 engine which Vauxhall were reluctant to acknowledge even when the cars were newish. If as I suspect its an interference engine then in addition to the chain the valves may be bent the pistons damaged etc = beyond economic repair.
BEWARE: Snapped timing chain on Vauxhall Vectra | Vauxhall Owners Network Forum & Club - Insignia | Antara | Mokka | Adam | Ampera | Vectra | Astra | Corsa | Signum | Zafira | Meriva | Tigra | Agila | Vivaro | VXR

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom