Vehicle Inspections

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by girlyhood, Sep 11, 2010.

1. girlyhood

girlyhood New Member

I'm searching for an R129 SL500 and I expect I will be unable to find one near enough for my local trusted indie to take a look at for me.

What experiences does anyone have of using the various inspection firms who advertise on the net. I don't want to use any of the majors after I was royally screwed by one on an inspection some years ago.

Would I be better to get a report done by the garage who maintained the car (assuming it wasn't still a main dealer)?

Any thoughts?

Nick

2. Stratman

Stratman MB Enthusiast

Car:
    W203 C200 CDI '04Estate
    Depending on where you find the car, one of the indies who frequent these forums may be prepared to look at it for you for a fee.

3. davidjpowell

davidjpowell MB Enthusiast

Car:
    Range Rover Vogue, Volvo XC60 and crappy Pug 307
    As a side note that Avatar is a blast from the past!

Best thing to do is surely find a car and then ask for recommendations as to indies...

4. Sp!ke

Sp!ke Administrator

Car:
    SL500 & The Fart Car
    As others have said, locate a car that you're interested in first and then find a recommended indi local to the car.

You might also benefit from seeing if there are any members local to the car and who know the R129's well to come along with you to look. I'm happy to take a look if its west London or surrounding area.