Vehicle wrapping

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dan2014

I'm thinking if getting my c220 coupe wrapped just the grill,roof and chrome bits next to the side lights and may be my wheels (matt black) has anyone had this done as would like to hear if it's any good? And worth doing?
Thanks
Dan

Entirely personal choice of course and you'll certainly split opinion by asking. For me, yes it can look great if applied well, and no I wouldn't have matt black wheels.

That probably hasn't helped you. But if YOU love it and you know it's going to make you look back at your car twice when you've parked it, then go for it. Doesn't really matter if others don't like it.

Yes, down to you really. You can always remove it if you don't like it.

Maybe find some other cars with the same thing done or Photoshop yours to see if you will like it...

+1 for plastidip, although it is expensive.

Will be easier to apply for sure.

Thanks guys after doing a bit of research I'm going with plasti dip had a price today for doing the work £50 bargain!! And he is doing it on Sunday!
(Excluding the wheels which are £40 per wheel still waiting on mercedes to replace 3 of them under warranty due to them oxidising)

Last edited:
That isn't bad to be honest if it includes the materials. Its about £18 per can by the time you include tax and shipping (American company so they don't include that until check out) and as the roof is pretty big it would need a couple of cans.

Pretty easy to do yourself to be honest. I did my wheels on the SLK just to see if I liked the wheels in black:
9330709698_64b239be8b_o.jpg

9327914445_4bf67c17c0_o.jpg

9330710758_c1ea98705b_o.jpg

In the end I went with dark silver instead :p

11438221534_b6640d9e89_o.jpg

Thanks spudders they look nice the car as well I'm thinking of plasti dipping just the inside of my wheels I'll try and upload a picture to show you what I mean I was thinking of a dark silver as well but I'm not to sure yet can't make my mind up because of the wrapping being all matte black??

Attachments

• image-3450224393.jpg
    image-3450224393.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 14
Black is good for the inside of the wheel to hide dirt and brings out the face of the wheel more. If you want to test the look first 1 can of plastidip on one wheel could be a good test, it just peels off. Once you are sure thats what you want though a better solution would be getting them powder coated. Wouldn't be much more expensive than plastidip and would last much longer. Although you would have to be without your car/wheels for a while :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom