Velour or ribbed?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SilverSaloon

MB Enthusiast
Car
1994 W124 E300D Estate, 1985 R107 280SL
:D :devil:

I need some new car mats (genuine merc ones), whats best?

Velor all over

or

ribbed?

cheers

Derek

Don't like ribbed, they look cheap to me - go velour.

Last edited:
Ribbed I guess will last longer but are harder to vacum when they get dirty were as velour in my opinion look better and are easier to vacum. Choice is up to you at the end of the day but I would pick velour.

Mrs D reckons ribbed are over-rated.

;)

My car mats are ribbed, just had the car valeted and they look like new after 108k miles, however so does the rest of the interior.

I think they look a bit ugly though.

Just bought ribbed from ebay, £40 delivered for new, official MB... and they look the biz.

having had both, i would say that velour last lesss, but i still got 60K before they looked shabby. if you have a gravel driver, or pine trees nearby (i have both) do not i repeat do not i repeat do not buy ribbed ones.
mrs jb reckons smooth is better anyway ;)

As you might have guessed I have both for differing occasions;).

The velour ones are very nice but dont have a heel pad, at least the A and SLK ones dont, therefore they tend to wear quickly in the heel area unless you wear pumps or trainers all the time.

The ribbed are only slightly less attractive in my opinion but do have a heel pad.

On balance if you are buying just the one set I'd go for ribbed.

Portzy.

If you go for velour ones it is possible to buy the drivers mat separately for about £20 or so. That way when it gets a bit tatty you can replace it without buying the whole lot again.

Personally I go for the velour ones but use a thin rubber mat on top just over the winter months.

If you go for velour ones it is possible to buy the drivers mat separately for about £20 or so. That way when it gets a bit tatty you can replace it without buying the whole lot again.

Personally I go for the velour ones but use a thin rubber mat on top just over the winter months.

You can get drivers mats in ribbed too.

Ribbed mats are more hard wearing but I find them difficult to hoover - they seem to trap dirt and crumbs.

Depends on your usage of the car. If you are working on say a building site and constantly get in and out of the car with muddy boots then ribbed mats are more suitable. Otherwise velour will suit most occasions.

I have ribbed in the S-Class.

Posh or working?
I have velour in the S class and 'working' ribbed ones in the ML (Black mats, light grey interior).
I have always had velour in saloons and ribbed in estates! They both seem to last well:D
The ribbed mat in the (over 100k mile) Vito will outlast the van!:eek:

Ive had the velour brabus ones and the ribbed mercedes ones and the rubber mercedes ones and my choice is always ribbed.

Ribbed mats are more hard wearing but I find them difficult to hoover - they seem to trap dirt and crumbs.

Depends on your usage of the car. If you are working on say a building site and constantly get in and out of the car with muddy boots then ribbed mats are more suitable. Otherwise velour will suit most occasions.

Surely rubber mats would be even more suitable??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom