ventilation died

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

s60r

only been a proud owner for 2 weeks and its died!:eek:

had the mercedes customer service vehicle out who pugged in to my car and was unable to cure it.

looks like the whole ac and vent system at top of dash is dead and needs a complete replacement.

is this exceptional or is this a common fault? thought the electrical probs were on the 03/04 years only................thank god for warranty!

cheers.

(by the way the service from the breakdown was excellent came out very quickly in lovely gl class....lovely looking motor.)

What are the symtoms? (don't say a yellow cartoon family)

lol. ok wont say that!

literally nothing from the ventilation controls (between the 2 temp dials) inc heated window. the ac runs at full power in the engine bay and is very noisy and wont shutoff at all. obviously as the vent system is broken no fan runs and no air circulates. the engine bay is refrigerating nicely tho!

merc guy said that he couldnt get the star laptop thing to talk to the unit at all and suspects it is dead. booked into dealers first thing.

cheers

Ahhh. Thats nothing to worry about and nothing serious. It is just the AC control unit.

Not a common issue.

thats good?!!

it looks expensive without warranty! my car is 3 yrs old in sept. glad its gone now.

cheers for diagnosis tho.

hi,

theyve had the car for 3 days now and they are changing the story. its not the ac control unit it is the SAM module at the front which is throwing up lots of "red herrings".

this sounds dodgy to me? any ideas anyone? should i be asking to have anything else checked? they say they have fitted a new sam and still things are not right.

many thanks for any help.

cheers.

Without the car infront of me I can't really help anymore. The 211 is complicated but not unfixable.

Sounds iffy to me also, i know they are close but i've never seen a failed SAM brick it before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom