Very Excited

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have had my E53 Coupe for about a month now and I am really pleased with it. I still haven't reached the 1,000 miles running either in but it is a very rapid car.The pickup from low revs is amazing.

I am still getting to grips with all the technology on the car.

I have had my E53 Coupe for about a month now and I am really pleased with it. I still haven't reached the 1,000 miles running either in but it is a very rapid car.The pickup from low revs is amazing.

Agree that the technology is amazing - need to spend more time sitting in the car with the handbook in one hand whilst pressing every combination of knob, touchpad and voice command to master it all!

I guess the EQ boost is partly responsible for the low rev pickup.

Well I have just come back from Brooklands after my 1hr Driver Academy session courtesy of AMG. What a way to spend the morning. I have now been able to explore the limits of grip and performance under road, track and skid pan conditions and thanks to Ed my instructor it was all done in a controlled and safe manner . The E53 stickes to the road like glue, my nerve gave the track circuit before the grip did!
Likewise going for a spin, literally, on the skid pan makes you realise how much grip the 4matic give you.

If you are an AMG novice like me it is well worth a trip to MD-World

Well I have just come back from Brooklands after my 1hr Driver Academy session courtesy of AMG. What a way to spend the morning. I have now been able to explore the limits of grip and performance under road, track and skid pan conditions and thanks to Ed my instructor it was all done in a controlled and safe manner . The E53 stickes to the road like glue, my nerve gave the track circuit before the grip did!
Likewise going for a spin, literally, on the skid pan makes you realise how much grip the 4matic give you.

Did you get this free with the purchase of your E53 as I haven't had this? I know that the 63 models get the driver training at Brooklands but as I hadn't heard anything I asumed that the 53 models don't get it.

From one Chris to another, that sir, is a lovely car. I'd be interested to know your opinion of what it sounds like, as Germans are doing great things with 6 cylinder engine tuning at the moment?

From one Chris to another, that sir, is a lovely car. I'd be interested to know your opinion of what it sounds like, as Germans are doing great things with 6 cylinder engine tuning at the moment?
Well sound is a very personal thing! It does not sound like a V8 but it has a very satisfying burble when driven sedately and a wonderful full throated yowl with crackles and pops when driven harder. It certainly turns heads!

Did you get this free with the purchase of your E53 as I haven't had this? I know that the 63 models get the driver training at Brooklands but as I hadn't heard anything I asumed that the 53 models don't get it.
I got an email from [email protected]-benz.co.uk offering me the session. Probably worth ringing them on 0370 400 4000 to ask

Hi. Can I ask , was your training for
1 HOUR or 1 DAY.

Thanks

Well sound is a very personal thing! It does not sound like a V8 but it has a very satisfying burble when driven sedately and a wonderful full throated yowl with crackles and pops when driven harder. It certainly turns heads!
Perfect answer...knew AMG wouldn't let me down! :)

Very nice. I have just noticed there is no engine builders name plate on the engine. Do AMG not do that any more ??

From what i'm lead to believe, only the engines that are "1 man / 1 engine" and built in Affalterbach get the name plaques (45, 63, 65). The newer variants (35, 43, 53) are MB engines that have been tuned in development by AMG.

Just to be sure, i'm not wanting to get int the whole real AMG thing and what constitutes a true AMG engine. And I also drive a E53 and love it :)

1st post on here btw so please be gentle!!

Hi,

New 53 engines sound really good. It is a bit disappointing that we can't spec it with the AMG Switchable Exhaust but when you go into sport+ (or select dynamic engine in individual) you do get a lot of the typical AMG pop's and crackles that really do put a smile on you're face.

I've done about 900 miles in mine and as told by a pal, it has definitely gotten louder since new.

All in all, sounds like an AMG car should sound like.

How did you find it? Had the e-mail offer through recently after picking up my E53 but as it's quite a drive for me was wondering if it'd be worth it or not. What did you get to drive?

How did you find it? Had the e-mail offer through recently after picking up my E53 but as it's quite a drive for me was wondering if it'd be worth it or not. What did you get to drive?
I had an E53 coupe which felt almost the same as my Cabrio. I must say that an hour of driving on the country and club circuits as well as the skid pan and the other parts was well worth the trip for me. Your tutor will talk with you before you start to determine the best use of your time. It depends on what is “quite a drive”. We live in Yorkshire but were able to stay with our daughter who lives in west London.

I'm in Cheshire so I suppose not that bad in the reality of it, 3 hr there, 3 hr back.

Think i'll get onto them and book it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom