Very Expensive Low mile 123 Estate

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

isobars

Car
300SD'79, E300TD '95, 300TDT '82, 280CE '84, 250L '84, 300SEL LPG '91, 300D '80, 300CE '91, 300E '89
Mercedes-Benz 230TE Estate car 1985 Concourse | eBay

I'm a fan of this model, but I don't know if I'd give that money when you can get a mint ball Diesel that's had reasonable use for the year for around the same money.

Doesn't it look faintly funereal?

There may be an element of jealousy driving this post!

Off the subject, but why do folk say no reserve and start at 10k+, surely no reserve is .99p start?

Cheers,

Paul

Cheshire Classic Benz had one just like this. Might even be the same one. It was advertised for more than this one.

it looks as clean as a clean thing :thumb:
but i tend to distrust ebay and the word mint:dk:

Well it looks to have won some rosettes, but then so did one of my cars and I'd only given it a quick wash.

I can't recall seeing black W123 when they were new, I wonder if it's the original paint.

Looks lovely but cant say I'd pay that much for it, seems very steep.

Off the subject, but why do folk say no reserve and start at 10k+, surely no reserve is .99p start?

It's because eBay charge the seller to have a reserve price, but do not charge for a no reserve price auction. So what the seller is saying is that there is no reserve above the starting price.

If he had put 99p start with no reserve & he only got offered £500, he would be well & truly stuffed:doh:

If he had put 99p start with no reserve & he only got offered £500, he would be well & truly stuffed:doh:

You had it spot on for the reason for listing @£10k start, however if it sold under what they wanted for it, they simply cancel bids and withdraw from sale due to it having an fault not described in the listing.

It's because eBay charge the seller to have a reserve price, but do not charge for a no reserve price auction. So what the seller is saying is that there is no reserve above the starting price.

Isn't the starting price therefore the reserve??

A 99 pence starting price is truly a no reserve auction. What point is the seller trying to make?

If he was simply trying to avoid a reserve price fee, he could have started at 99p.

If you want that "funeral director from the 80's" look--- go for it!-- is what I say. The pensioners stopping to doff their hats or salute and mothers ushering their children away as you pass may be a bit unnerving mind. :p

Very nice car,but can think of quite a few MB's I would rather have for that money,and more desirable/enjoyable.

The reserve fee is expensive (3%, max £150) & can be avoided by starting the auction at the minimum price the seller will accept. They do charge for auction listings, both listing fess & final value fees - eBay Motors Fees .

however if it sold under what they wanted for it, they simply cancel bids and withdraw from sale due to it having an fault not described in the listing.

If the auction has a winning bid (any bid in the case of this TE) you cannot cancel the auction in the last 12 hours. Anyway, most bidding takes place in the final seconds.

It's all here - Online Customer Support

I've just sold a number plate and the fixed value fee was 10% to a maximium of £40.

What actually happens if you don't cancel all bids & end before the 12 hour deadline is the auction will run to conclusion. You are locked out & cannot change, alter, amend or do a single damn thing to your auction listing.

If you wish to renege on the sale after the end of the auction that's a whole different kettle of fish.

Yep agree, but what's written in the rules and what actually happens are poles apart. :thumb:
Indeed, but if you want to build up some credibility on eBay & do not want hassle, then it's not a wise thing to do.

But.........there are plenty of people on eBay as in "real" life who care little about the rules or the law, but if you do see something you really like on eBay (MB or something else) then you feel much more confident dealing with someone who is well established & appears to be honest judged by feedbacks etc. Rather than taking a punt on something that may look good, but there is a niggle in the back of your mind.

As in all aspects of buying, caveat emptor & that's from someone who has bought some right bad 'uns in his time, when my heart has ruled my head & my wallet has learned to regret it:wallbash:

the car advertised in this month gazette for 13k

I've just sold a number plate and the fixed value fee was 10% to a maximium of £40.
Must have been a few grog's in, forgot to add... thereafter a more reasonable one-ish or so per cent on the rest.
So, to sum-up, pasted for the first 400 quid on a fixed fee sale.
Nurse!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom