Very high spec S211 E55

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Can't believe that it's 30 miles from me and a similar car although higher spec.

Weird how there were no estates and now there's an influx of them! Especially in my area as amg's or anything mildly interesting never comes up for sale in the southwest.

Last edited:
Looks like a car worth travelling for Lee

Looks good Lee. Sound like the seller is decent & has looked after it & spent money when needed. Worth £10k I reckon in my book.

I'll have a sniff at that one if you are not going to. Not going to step on your toes though if your interested. A little over what I wanted to spend as I still can't decide which way to organise the 2 cars I would like.

I could keep the 7 Seater E240 Estate I've already got and buy an E55k saloon or CLS55 more likely. Or could replace the E240 with something like this then get a CLS500.

Not sure which way to go.

Looks a solid buy to me, nice and rare. Good luck if you're off to buy.

I'll have a sniff at that one if you are not going to. Not going to step on your toes though if your interested.

Dean, you go for it pal, I posted it with you in mind!

Let me know how you get on.

Would be a nice drive back for you though!

I wouldn't want to pay more than £10k for that one though and Plymouth is still a good drive for even me though.

Got no time this weekend anyway though as need to rewire the electrics in the home office then run all the network cables & patch/terminate. What fun!

Dean, you go for it pal, I posted it with you in mind!

Let me know how you get on.
Thanks Lee but will need to wait to at least next week.

I have put an offer in for the higher miler in Worcester so should wait to hear back on that one first I guess. Would be £4k difference between the 2 so both present a good buy either way.

very good spec, dont often come up this spec`d up

I agree...decent spec. Not sure if I am weird or unusual but I am not so bothered about keyless, distronic, cooling/massaging seats. Had it all in various other cars and barely used them or saw the benefits other than keyless is handy at times. However I don't miss it much when I haven't had it.

In my eyes more to go wrong and keyless often does from what I can see. I often left my Jag XJ with keyless open with key left in car which is not a great security idea!

^ +1. Some toys are nice to have, some nothing much, but they're still just toys. An AMG is all about the engine...

Indeed, agreed!

i use heated seats, keyless and distronic all the time!

cooling not so often.

I agree on heated seats! Essential and have it on all cars. Keyless I am not bothered about too much. Used radar cruise a handful of times but don't do too many long journeys or many motorway journeys so more use I guess to those that do.

I agree on heated seats! Essential and have it on all cars. Keyless I am not bothered about too much. Used radar cruise a handful of times but don't do too many long journeys or many motorway journeys so more use I guess to those that do.

Your not strange, I share the same view on some options.

Cooled seats and Distronic are rare and maybe not used much, but seem to be the difference between and average specced vehicle and a high specced one. Should help with resale in the future if nothing else.

Mine has parking sensors and COMAND, which were the only paid options on it.

It's a good specification to start with though.

I would like distronic but I don't do many long journeys in it.

I've modified the sound system myself and fitted and aftermarket sub - which I am really happy with.

Heated seats are standard I believe.

Having stuck a key in and turned it on every car I've had for the past 22 years, Keyless Go is not something I am bothered about.

I would like the panoramic roof but it would be just my like for it to get broken.

So really, I'm not bothered and of course without many options, you save on weight and repair bills!

Mine has the cooling seats its OK I guess , what I am still just getting used to is the bolsters pumping up as I fly around a corner...thought I was being touched up at first ...I wish !

That car @ Worcester is a bit high on the miles though ?

The Cornwall car sounds spot on if all correct in Ad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom