Very Interesting 56.SEC lot

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Chobham - dpricey1... I thought I recognised that workshop.

I owned that shell for a while. I bought two of them with the intention of rebuilding my SEC but circumstances changed.

Here it was under the office in my warehouse:

PICT1934.jpg

And the day they both arrived:-

PICT1589.jpg

This was the white one I sold:-

PICT1599.jpg

They were brand new shells.

I bought them from a vehicle salvage firm up north somewhere. It was a few years ago now.

What do you think they're worth, a little older, a little bashed?

What do you think they're worth, a little older, a little bashed?

Genuinely, what someone is prepared to pay for them.

They were 500 shells not 560 so would need a wing change and some ASR brackets to convert them for late 560 fitment.

I vaguely remember paying somewhere between £3k and £4k for both shells. That would have been about 6 or 7 years ago.

I didn't realise there was a difference in wings between the two. What was that?

Genuinely, what someone is prepared to pay for them.

They were 500 shells not 560 so would need a wing change and some ASR brackets to convert them for late 560 fitment.

I vaguely remember paying somewhere between £3k and £4k for both shells. That would have been about 6 or 7 years ago.

how much did u sell it to them for, or u r using to sell it for you, do u still own the white bodyshell or u sold both now

I sold both.

Honestly I can't remember how much.

The white one I sold to an enthusiast to re-body his own car.

The Black shell I sold as a package with lots of other bits I'd collected so it's difficult to put a price on it alone.

I had everything to build a 560, I had even manged to find a brand new turn key 560 engine which I'd bought but My wife's worsening illness prevented any further progress.

I sold the engine to a guy in Texas for £5000 and air freighted there, the black shell and all the other bits I'd collected including a brand new AMG body kit went for a further £7,000 in total as I remember ending up with about £12K for the lot. I couldn't break down what each individual component sold for though.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom