Very new to this - Just bought a C250 - some quick questions!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

itstime222

Car
2011 C250
Hi There,

As above, I am very new to this! I recently decided to take the rather large step of taking in my 2007 Astra and part exing it against a 4 month old Mercedes C Class C250 at my local dealership.

Extremely chuffed with the car - love how it drives, the comfort and the whole vehicle. However I have a few quick questions that I'm hoping someone can help me out with. Just small things that I havent discovered yet and I thought - who better to ask!!

Firstly the seatbelts seem to tighten themselves up once you have done them up - is there a way to turn this off as I dont really like it, feels a bit weird! Is that a setting that I can just change.

Secondly how do you access the options / settings menu on the screen?? It is there on the top right, but when I use the control wheel to scroll to it, it wont let me select it! Do I have to be statioanary / no keys or something?

Thirdly (and most unlikely) is there a way to stop the seatbelt beep from going off (apart from putting the seatbelt on!!) I put my case on the passenger seat and it sets off the warning bell thing, can I turn that off in settings too??

Finally (if you've got this far!!) I play music from my iphone through the radio and it lists which track is playing. However is there a way to list all the tracks by name or something like that so I can select them on there rather than having to go through all the songs on the iphone to find the one i want? Can you bring up a list of all the tracks on the screen??

I would seriously appreciate any help you can offer - be really good to get these tiny little problems resolved :)

Look forward to any responses.

Thanks.

First of all, welcome aboard and congratulations on the car.
Firstly the seatbelts seem to tighten themselves up once you have done them up - is there a way to turn this off as I dont really like it, feels a bit weird! Is that a setting that I can just change.
If it's the same as the W212 E-Class, then yes, you can. In the instrument cluster navigate to the Settings menu, then the Convenience sub-menu and select Belt Adjustment.
Secondly how do you access the options / settings menu on the screen?? It is there on the top right, but when I use the control wheel to scroll to it, it wont let me select it! Do I have to be statioanary / no keys or something?
Not sure what you're trying to do. Can you explain a bit more?
Thirdly (and most unlikely) is there a way to stop the seatbelt beep from going off (apart from putting the seatbelt on!!) I put my case on the passenger seat and it sets off the warning bell thing, can I turn that off in settings too??
Easy one: No.
Finally (if you've got this far!!) I play music from my iphone through the radio and it lists which track is playing. However is there a way to list all the tracks by name or something like that so I can select them on there rather than having to go through all the songs on the iphone to find the one i want? Can you bring up a list of all the tracks on the screen??
Another easy one: No.

First of all, welcome aboard and congratulations on the car.
If it's the same as the W212 E-Class, then yes, you can. In the instrument cluster navigate to the Settings menu, then the Convenience sub-menu and select Belt Adjustment.Not sure what you're trying to do. Can you explain a bit more?Easy one: No.Another easy one: No.

Hi, many thanks for the congrats on the car, I am more than happy with it and really enjoying finding and experiencing new things all the time. Lovely drive as well - perfect blend of luxury and power!!

Thanks for the advice, I have just turned off the seatbelt tensioner thing, thats great :thumb:

Problem number 2 - what I'm basically trying to do is access the options menu on the stereo screen thing. For example on the top row (this is from memory so could be wrong) there is navi, tel, radio and i think options or setup or something on the top right of the screen. Then on the bottom (below the clock or the song / radio details etc) there are a few other options.. I can access all of them when i am driving apart from the options (could be called setup) which is the one i want. I think it may be a safety feature, ie when the car is moving etc.

Shame on the other 2 :-( especially the song list, that would make things really easy!!

Another teeny problem ive just noticed is that my button on the door which makes the mirrors fold in when going through small gaps etc, the one between the left / right mirror selection buttons doesnt seem to work - it did on Sat buy doesnt now - have I pressed something??

Really appreciate your help (again!!)

Problem number 2 - what I'm basically trying to do is access the options menu on the stereo screen thing. For example on the top row (this is from memory so could be wrong) there is navi, tel, radio and i think options or setup or something on the top right of the screen. Then on the bottom (below the clock or the song / radio details etc) there are a few other options.. I can access all of them when i am driving apart from the options (could be called setup) which is the one i want. I think it may be a safety feature, ie when the car is moving etc.
OK, I understand the issue you're describing, but it doesn't happen on my car. Try pressing the "SYS" key on the main control panel to see if that works. You should at least be able to switch to the Time display that way and then go from there.
itstime222 said:
Another teeny problem ive just noticed is that my button on the door which makes the mirrors fold in when going through small gaps etc, the one between the left / right mirror selection buttons doesnt seem to work - it did on Sat buy doesnt now - have I pressed something??
There is a roadspeed interlock on the folding mirrors - on my W212 it's at 45km/h; above that and the button does nothing, below it and the mirrors will fold in and out. Try it with the car stationary and see what happens.

Re the seatbelt beep - the front passenger seat has a built-in Front Passenger Seat Occupancy Sensor, which deactivates the front passenger airbag when the seat is unoccupied, and it also determined the level of inflation of the airbag according to the occupants' weight. For this reason it is not recommended to place heavy weights on the front passenger seats.

And welcome to the forum...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom