Very nice 190 carb possible sale

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Grahamcol

Car
2007 CLK 220 and 2001 SLK230
I have a 1988F metallic blue/green (petrol green, I think it's called) 190 carb, auto, 4 electric windows. electric sunroof, 7 hole alloys, rear spoiler. It's the one with the (improved) duplex timing chain. Just passed MOT with 1 advisory (slightly corroded brake pipes) and taxed until end August. 90k miles. Looks stunning. Rock solid and clean underneath. Small (and I mean small) rust patch on leading edge of n/s front wing, slight rust on o/s/rear arch only visible from underneath. Possibly needs new engine mounts to reduce engine vibration felt at tickover. Lots of history. Does anyone have any ideas how much I'm likely to get for it. It really is stunning looking - everyone comments just how nice it is.

It is hard to say without seeing the car , but it sounds somewhat better than the usual 'tired' £500 examples but not quite in the league of the £2K-£3K concours examples one sees at shows - so probably priced somewhere between these two extremes .

Photos / Mileage ?

The carb models tend to be worth a bit less than the 190E models - slightly less powerful and not quite as economical.

Although the 90k miles might sound lowish I think that condition, spec, service history and recent work has more bearing on value these days. The carb engine, slight rust and corroded brake pipes/worn engine mounts count against it unfortunately.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure it's a nice car but probably only worth between £500-1000 these days.

I bought this car for just £250 last year, and eventually sold it for just £950 with a year's MOT and a rebuilt cylinder head and lots of service work/repairs completed. Not a spot of rust anywhere, 130k genuine miles and full history. Good spec being an 'LE' too :)

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/members-gallery/86629-1993-190e-le-brilliant-silver.html

Will

It is hard to say without seeing the car , but it sounds somewhat better than the usual 'tired' £500 examples but not quite in the league of the £2K-£3K concours examples one sees at shows - so probably priced somewhere between these two extremes .

Photos / Mileage ?

Yes, similar to my own thoughts actually. It's got 90k miles. I'd thought around £1500. Unfortunately I'm not good with photos on this site so there aren't any. Obviously I'd have to sort out some pics. to sell it. Thanks for the input

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom