Very nice looking 124 230ce

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yep a Straight 6 works really well with 124 body so id be looking for 280/300/300-24v/320 in the coupes

Duplex timing chain, better engine loom insulation, KE fuel injection M102, Solvent based paint, what's not to like :cool: - OK appart from the EZL ignition unit :oops: Infinitely more practical daily runner than a W123!

I am amazed at the prices some people are asking at the present time when you cannot even view a car. Terrible photos in the ad.

Yep a Straight 6 works really well with 124 body so id be looking for 280/300/300-24v/320 in the coupes

I've never driven a 124, but can imagine it would need one of the straight 6’s. Sounds like a 3.0 24v is prob the one to have. 320 appealing too.

Nice cheers. I need to gen up more on 124’s. As other than liking look of them I know sod all about them really.

Nice cheers. I need to gen up more on 124’s. As other than liking look of them I know sod all about them really.

The 3lt 12v is a Strong lump which can be tuned with turbo's :devil: Theres a site somewhere which lists kits if you wanted too.

The 300 24v lump i dont believe suffered the bio degradable wiring loom issues, although at this age it may have.

The wiring issues i believe effected late K reg 92 onwards, And 2nd facelift shape cars i think started in about 93.
The very early cars (D) reg onwards till around 87 don't have the Lower plastic side mouldings and the interiors are slightly different.

I had a 1988 (F) 260e with the straight 6 lump veyr smooth and refined unit, i did try a 3ltr 12v and at the time thought it went like hell lol, The 2.6 was never offered in the Coupe or estate though as far as im aware.

Great cars, the later 2nd facelift vehicles do seem to suffer rust issues.

All the above is from memory it was a very long time ago, so im sure someone will be able to help further. :rock:

A W201 190E in 2.6 flavour is a lovely little car, surprisingly rapid.

Agreed I had a J reg one in Met grey, lovely little thing rapid for the time too.

I had a lovely Azurite Blue N/96 320CE Sportline Convertible a couple of years back. Bought well, did some work and got an offer I couldn't refuse so sold.

I'd love to get 124 320 Coupe though. My brother has a 300 Coupe which he has got in fine fettle now.

The 3lt 12v is a Strong lump which can be tuned with turbo's :devil: Theres a site somewhere which lists kits if you wanted too.

The 300 24v lump i dont believe suffered the bio degradable wiring loom issues, although at this age it may have.

The wiring issues i believe effected late K reg 92 onwards, And 2nd facelift shape cars i think started in about 93.
The very early cars (D) reg onwards till around 87 don't have the Lower plastic side mouldings and the interiors are slightly different.

I had a 1988 (F) 260e with the straight 6 lump veyr smooth and refined unit, i did try a 3ltr 12v and at the time thought it went like hell lol, The 2.6 was never offered in the Coupe or estate though as far as im aware.

Great cars, the later 2nd facelift vehicles do seem to suffer rust issues.

All the above is from memory it was a very long time ago, so im sure someone will be able to help further. :rock:

Turbos:rolleyes::thumb:

That green 230CE is lovely but the six cylinder 300CE or 300CE-24 is a much nicer car to drive and far more desirable.

The silver car is my friends, really nice example and very unique!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom