Very nice looking CLK project

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
All that work and they cant fit a facelift grill/rear lights?

The tiny calipers give away its true origins. :D

Last edited:
KillerHERTZ said:
All that work and they cant fit a facelift grill/rear lights? The tiny calipers give away its true origins.

I does look like what it is - a "work in progress". I'd guess the 'donor car' underneath the bodywork is worth about £12k, so that's a lot for the add-ons.....

Sent from my iPad using MBClub UK

It looks good fit and finish in the photos, I would be worried about any cracking occuring in the future from all those kit pieces.

The black one looks nice, bigger brakes off a W211 E55 or similar and a charger would make for a very nice car. You'd be 40k in by time you do though!

Something doesn't look right with it ?

Sits too high ?

Ah yes, mine wasnt badged up as an AMG (For the 1st couple of months it was when I got it), this is badged as a 6.3 litre Black Series. A car which is nearly £100k

Also, mine was correctly facelifted inside and out :p :p :p

All im saying is if hes going to all that expense, make it look geninue. £100 for the grill, £150 for the rear lights, not a half-****d job!

:D

Last edited:
Ah yes, mine wasnt badged up as an AMG (For the 1st couple of months it was when I got it), this is badged as a 6.3 litre Black Series. A car which is nearly £100k

Also, mine was correctly facelifted inside and out :p :p :p

All im saying is if hes going to all that expense, make it look geninue. £100 for the grill, £150 for the rear lights, not a half-****d job!

:D

It's never going to look genuine because there's no such thing as a genuine CLK63 Black in convertible form.

I wouldn't half mind a CLK63 convertible with the Black kit on.

This one needs proper Brembo's on the rear and some lowering springs, then it'll look good imo. Shame the engine is still the stock NA M113.

Yes, agreed.
It needs a few final touches to help set it off.
In honesty, I think it looks great, regardless of the fact there has never been a convertible Black Series of any variant.

Grilles etc are easy enough but a decent Brembo brake kit isn't going to be cheap and I suspect he drew the line there.

Still looks good though.
I'd be abit concerned with running hefty spacers front and rear though.

He claims they're SLS wheels with 295 section tyres in which case perhaps he isn't running big spacers?

In an ideal world that car wants a 63 steering wheel, bigger brakes, lowering, facelift lights and dash trim, some custom 3 piece splits to fill the arches and a charger.

Then it's kind of a CLK DTM/Black hybrid wannabe lol.

Rash you had any luck getting a black series shifter in?

It looks well done. The untrained eye would certainly be caught.

However, and please forgive me, but I don't see the point.
It's a CLK55, great car, worth 12k ish as mentioned above (?), so why spend double that for it to look like a black? You don't get any cheaper running costs of say, a 200 or CDi, and yet you're paying double for the car.
So I guess it's just to get the look? I think I'm getting old... Pass the flat cap...

'fraid not dude :(
I have been told that it simply won't fit :wallbash:

It's all a lie! Buy one and make it fit lol! Think about it how much do you think they modified the black series auto shifter to fit the black series item? Not much me thinks.

It's all a lie! Buy one and make it fit lol! Think about it how much do you think they modified the black series auto shifter to fit the black series item? Not much me thinks.
lol

I'd do it in a heart beat if I knew it would fit.
But the shifter stalks are differnt lengths.
The shifter stalk is a lot shorter on the back series.

I think this is a member's car guys :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom