very noisy fuel pumps

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

helgi33

Car
500 SEC & CL600
I have 500 SEC 1988 and the pumps eare really noisy... they used to make some sound all the time but then I parked the car for 11 years in a warehouse yard in Kent in very high humity..

since I brought it back on line the pumps are much louder.. I can hear them from inside the car very clearly when driving which is new for me..

I read some threads that replacing the filter would quite them... but the hassle of taking the pack down.. then would make sens to replace bothe filters and pumps...

any input ?

Helgi

Leaving a car for 11 years might mean you need to change a few components to fully recommission the car perhaps it is time for new fuel pumps?

Welcome to the forum

Hi abecketts

have already replaced lot of stuff.. bought a 560sec as donor car to help out.. and had major rust removal - welding thing done to fix the body.. am now cleaning up the small things.. already had the car on the road for 8 weeks with full mot and tax etc...

new brake calipers, discs and pads and brake lines, new shock absorbers, coils and most of the rubber seals.. am now fighting the small stuff... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom