Very odd (possesed wiper stalk)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Philip1972

Car
E350 CDI convertible 2011
Sorry if this is the wrong section, I wasn't sure where it should be :eek:

CLK 2003 W209 Convertible.

My wipers are playing up, in that they will ONLY work when the button is pressed (and sometimes not even then), not on auto or speed 1 or 2. The indicator wont stay on either when turning right.

Now all this points to a new stalk assy (which I have ordered). But strangely, the wife called me today to say that when it started raining while she had the roof off, the auto wipers came on :dk:

So is it just coincidence, or it is related? No codes showing if that helps. I dont want to go to the expense and aggro of swapping the stalk if its something else (although at least that would fix the indicator issue!

Thanks

I had a similar problem with my wipers on my 2001 W168. It was the stalks and apparently a common problem when the plastic spring clip inside breaks off due to age.

I have a similar issue with mine. Works on the push for Wipe/Wash. Sometimes works on 12 or 3 if I indicate and/or Flash my headlights simultaneously.

That'll please everyone in the rain on the M42

I have a similar issue with mine. Works on the push for Wipe/Wash. Sometimes works on 12 or 3 if I indicate and/or Flash my headlights simultaneously.

That'll please everyone in the rain on the M42

Defo the stalk. I bought one and fitted it myself on Saturday.

All works now :bannana:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom