Very pleased MPG

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

E280wilson

Car
Bmw 435d
Merry Christmas all

The wife and I went to see her Mum at the weekend which is nearly 200 miles away at Thame so I thought it wood be good to see what sort of mpg the new E350 would do. Filled the tank at both ends. I used the cruise as much as possible at 75 and I know there's a couple of long roadworks.
47mpg amazed me. People have said it will get better as its run in.
One problem I have found is that I plugged the iPhone into the usb to charge it but it doesn't. Do I have to buy the adaptor for the other plug which seems daft.

I had the 30 pin to lightning Apple adapter already, so I just used this with the supplied MB Apple 30 pin adapter and this works fine for charging and music. Also, the USB port charges my android phone fine, so I'm not sure why it wouldn't work with your iPhone.

cheers, Steve

These little tips are good to hear.
:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:
Steve

That's a very good result! My E300 (4 cylinder) is only slightly better.

My iPhone charges fine - albeit slowly - from the USB in the central cubby storage.

Well just to add my little bit of info on this topic. Still learning all about my 2004 E320cdi estate auto with 165k on the clock. Had it a week and I love it, and today checked the real consumption against the computer. My run to work was 67 miles all A roads apart fom last 15 in traffic on a be road, from filling station to filling station the computer told me I had achieved a very creditable 46.2 mpg.
Brimmed it again and it took 6.08L thats 50 mpg. Mega to my view
The computer is under reading is that normal?

I am off to lay down!!

Careful about charging your phone - the extra load might cost you some mpg ;)

I drove from near Ware to Sussex - about 100 miles all on cruise control at about 75mph. I got 26mpg. I was ecstatic! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom