Very quick BMW M6

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChrisA

MB Enthusiast
Car
CL 63 Biturbo 2014 - S63L 2010 - CLS Weistec MSL Monster (RIP)
Travelled back from Salzburg to Denmark last Saturday and on the A7 autobahn near Fulda I was travelling at around 170mph when I spot some lights in my rear view catching me up :eek:

Increased to 185mph and still the lights came closer :dk:

Was there a Helicopter flying low?

Nope, it was on my a$$ within a few minutes so I pulled in to the middle lane and waited :crazy:

Alongside pulled the sweetest looking M6, completely stealth with only the stickers of Manhart visible

The driver smiled and then floored it as did I........ :rolleyes:

Roads were dry and pretty quiet so off we went.
At 203mph I caught him back so he was limited to 320kmh

That is the first car to have given me a good run for my money at top speed and total respect to him for following me in to the next fuel station.

We had a good chat about Modding etc and he paid a fortune for the Manhart MH6 700 which pushes out approx 725bhp and just short of 1000nm but limited to 310kmh hence why I caught him :cool:

Awesome machine and something I was happy to compete with :thumb:

Like the bit where you were sitting there at 170 mph!!bum clenching stuff 200 mph

You don't notice the speed to be honest until you hit over 180mph......then it's fun time :)
Weather and traffic dependant obviously ;)

Why spend all that money and not remove a limiter at the same time - or is it not possible to remove that limiter on BMW's ?

Why spend all that money and not remove a limiter at the same time - or is it not possible to remove that limiter on BMW's ?

Top speed is not the only reason for performance mods.
Often, it's the way the car reaches speeds that is just as important.

:thumb:

Chris totally irresponsible and childish......................wish i was there chasing you ha ha

At 203mph…….. next fuel station.

Pretty scary stuff (almost 93m/sec) but how much fuel did it use for that run out of interest? (no sly dig or anything, just honest curiosity)

At 200mph I was drinking 7.8mpg :eek:

On the whole trip of 3012miles I averaged 18.9mpg :cool:

The M6 was limited by the tuning company to 310kmh which is pretty good to be honest

Ollie, I never managed to top out but 203mph at 5600rpm means there's still a way to go :thumb:

I do have a video of me hitting 197mph @ 5500rpm so may post it sometime when Dhard is sleeping :bannana:

Good speeds considering I'm running a stock SC pulley now :)

Last edited:

The M6 was limited by the tuning company to 310kmh which is pretty good to be honest

Ollie, I never managed to top out but 203mph at 5600rpm means there's still a way to go :thumb:

I do have a video of me hitting 197mph @ 5500rpm so may post it sometime when Dhard is sleeping :bannana:

And to cap it all Chris you've now got Zak asking me to look out for C, CLK and E 55s after you let him have a test run! Think you might have shattered his VW/Audi devotion!;):eek:

I can concur that the current M6 is insanely fast. I reckon above 100mph it's easily a match for the the SLS (although my SLS 'feels' faster, I'm not sure if it actually is).

The way BMW lock down their ECU's these days makes the top speed limiter removal very hard - hardly any tuners can do it (Manhart being one of those that can). In the end, I got the M Drivers pack fitted to mine in Germany by BMW Aachen - it's a 190 limiter with no warranty impact, which I didn't fancy risking on a brand new M6. I had to go to Germany as BMW don't offer this in the UK and didn't want to take my money to fit it!

Anyway, with the limiter removed I got an easy indicated 196mph before it hit the new limiter - the way it got there and how easy it all felt was surreal. I have yet to drive a more composed car at 180+.

The Manhart guys were telling me (as I considered them before going down the more official approach) that the transmission has a hard limiter, so even with their supposed complete removal, it still won't go above around 201mph. Given the way the car accelerated to nearly 200mph, I reckon it'd knock on the door of 210mph without too much bother, and this is from a standard car (albeit fitted with the Competition Pack, which is a meaty 15bhp more powerful than normal :eek:). Manharts' car has a 700bhp+ tune :eek:

Anyway, here's a video showing how silly easy it was to do....

M6 Autobahn

dhard - now....take a deep breath before you have a seizure ;)

Setting off early Saturday morning, I did Berlin to Hook of Holland in exactly 5 hours (despite largely keeping to limits once in Holland) :crazy: I got through one £110 tank in 180-odd miles and about 1hr 15 minutes...I think the trip said I averaged over 140mph!

Last edited:
Was this in the CLS or the Disco? You don't say...

Jesus Mr P - I cannot believe what a limp grip you had on the steering wheel at that speed, resting your thumbs on the airbag!!!!

Jesus Mr P - I cannot believe what a limp grip you had on the steering wheel at that speed, resting your thumbs on the airbag!!!!

I'm pretty sure that the steering wheel my fingers and thumbs are resting on, not the airbag :D Maybe the wheel spoke, but definitely not the airbag!

Light grip = more feel and ultimately more control. Whilst I'm fairly relaxed at such things (focussing on looking ahead and 'feeling' what the car is doing), it more demonstrates just how relaxed the car felt!

Mental speeds being discussed here... Fair play.

Palmball, sounds like you need a charger!

From dyno graphs do you know how much power is produced at 5500 and 5600 rpm respectively? Also what's max bhp and corresponding engine speed?

From that we should be able calculate the theoretical top speed, assuming that we ignore the effects of body, wheel/tyre, and cooling mods.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom