Very rare colour E55AMG W211 On Copart

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sam87

Car
S65AMG V12 BiTurbo & S63AMG V8 BiTurbo Designo
I spotted this car on ebay last week and the owner said he has sold the car to copart and that copart would be putting the car up for sale this week on their site. I'll be honest, I didn't post the link about this car from the day I saw it because I was being a bit selfish and hoping not many people would see it so I had a better chance to buy it. I've been after an E55AMG in a rare colour for maybe 7 years now.

I was going to bid on this car when it came up for sale on copart but when you click on additional information in the link, it says engine smokes and I only noticed it yesterday about the smoke.

I'm not interested in the car now because of that so I thought i'd post the link if anyone likes a project.
Only one hour left

It's a lovely colour and works well on the E55.

Seen it before once or possibly twice but very rare as you state.

Not surprised you didn't post it if you were interested... I can well imagine cars have been posted in the past and snapped up by someone else than the person posting!

It's a lovely colour and works well on the E55.

Seen it before once or possibly twice but very rare as you state.

Not surprised you didn't post it if you were interested... I can well imagine cars have been posted in the past and snapped up by someone else than the person posting!

I got a bit excited when I first saw the advert on ebay. Even though the mileage was a bit on the high side for what i'm looking, I knew I wouldn't find another one in this colour. I was still going to go for it. Shame the engine smokes. If it ends near £3k I think it's a good price even if the engine needs a head gasket

It looks better in this pic

I guess it depends how much it smokes.

Mine used to smoke slightly on hard acceleration and then a blue puff after a WOT.

You can see the former easily enough and then 13 seconds for the latter (always amuses me that Acid states "Perfect" at the end of the clip :D):

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Unlikely to be a head gasket causing the smoking. If it's only slight, with a puff on overrun and after standing overnight, it will be either valve guides or more likely valve stem seals; not really a problem. If it smokes all the time, with a trail of smoke when driving along, it could well be serious - and expensive to fix.

Why did the previous owner sell it to Copart, though? They're usually known for selling off cars 'requiring work' or accident-damaged salvage. My guess is that it smokes like a b*****d...

I could have gotten carried away on that if I had seen it on eBay. The fact that it’s in Coparr tells me I had a lucky escape.

Looks like head gasket if you have a look at the picture of the oil filler cap,there's a layer of creamy gunge on the underside of it.

Nice looking car though.

That's just a little condensation, I'd say. A good run would burn that off.

Unlikely to be a head gasket causing the smoking. If it's only slight, with a puff on overrun and after standing overnight, it will be either valve guides or more likely valve stem seals; not really a problem. If it smokes all the time, with a trail of smoke when driving along, it could well be serious - and expensive to fix.

Why did the previous owner sell it to Copart, though? They're usually known for selling off cars 'requiring work' or accident-damaged salvage. My guess is that it smokes like a b*****d...

I sent a few messages to the person that had the car and he said had a few other Mercedes 55AMG's which made me think he must know this cars pretty well. He said the only thing the car needs are brakes but he never mentioned that the engine was smoking. I thought if it's just brakes, that's minor. As for cosmetics, I was prepared to restore the car to as new condition but when I read that copart said the engine is smoking it made me think if maybe that was the main reason why the owner sent the car to copart? Or maybe i missed out now and I should have just gone for it.
If it's for sale for £13k in the next few weeks, i'll be upset

Lovely looking car, I did see the ad but was put off by a few things in the description. Not in need of one but always looking incase, especially ones in blue.

I thought I finally found the e class i've been looking for but when i read that the car had gone to copart, it did put me off. I was hoping the only issues were brakes like the owner mentioned and maybe cosmetically it needed some work. I hope i'll find one at some point.
My fav colour combo is owned by a forum member here and I've asked him a few times if he'd consider selling the car but he has ignored all my messages

I could have gotten carried away on that if I had seen it on eBay. The fact that it’s in Coparr tells me I had a lucky escape.

That's the problem with a few of us, we can get carried away sometimes 😆
If it was a private sale, I think I would have defiantly gotten carried away

Bought at the right price it would well be worth sticking a engine in.

Did it sell for £3400 in the end?

don't know Sam87, i didn't follow it bud.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom