Very Rare Mercedes E60 AMG W210 1997

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

salmerc

Car
Mercedes E320, Mercedes E55, CL600
Hi Fellow Enthusiasts,

I would really appreciate your input in putting an evaluation on this rare Mercedes E60 AMG W210 1997.

Details are:

62K miles.
LHD.
Black with two tone leather interior (black and white)
6.0 litre V8 AMG

They were only made on request with binding order directly from AMG. The motor (M119 Series) is a 6.0-liter V8 engine with 32 valves and 381 hp with a maximum torque of 580 Nm.

The only W210 E60 in the country.

Not yet registered. NO UK OWNERS.

Mint inside out with no signs of rust anywhere. Because of the rarity of it, I could not put a price on it.

I won't be selling it unless the offer is too good to resist.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited:
Not yet registered.
Because of the rarity of it, I could not put a price on it.
I won't be selling it unless the offer is too good to resist.

Did you just import the car? Are you a trader?

It's almost impossible to come up with a specific value ... it's worth whatever someone is prepared to pay for it at the time. Unless you can find a collector who particularly values the rarity (presumably why you're posting here?) it might not be worth an awful lot more in the UK than a really good RHD E55.

If you run a search here W210 E60s have cropped up occasionally in the past ... IIRC there was a Brabus modified one being discussed a while back.

I would say circa £50-60k but as its a collectors item it's hard to say.

There is one on car and classic for £78k but half the mileage on.

Keep it. Most will go for a M113 E55 for less than any price you'd want to sell for.

I got the feeling the W210 E60 was no way near as sought after as the W124 E60, despite being mechanically similar.

If you want big money for it, you could find yourself sitting on that for a number of years.

Best bet is a classic car auction with a suitable reserve if you require a reasonably quick turnaround.

Actually just noticing it's LHD, you'd be better selling that on the continent or possibly even in North America, they pay through the nose over there for this kind of thing.

In the UK most people look at the E60 and figure out they can buy a much newer (or even new) AMG for the same money, with more refinement, more power and the steering wheel on the correct side. Sad but true.

Last edited:
Great car this. The combination of the steering rack, 6.0L M119, later management and 722.6 gearbox makes it one of my personal favourites. They also did widebody versions.

Not the only one in the country though...

So there you go. From 15000 to 60000. Bet you're glad you asked.

The OP doesn't seem interested in the opinions of the forum...he posts and then does not follow up.

Just rude.

I do apologise guys for a delay. Just been off internet for a few days.

What i could gather so far is that it was only made in LHD and was especially made for arab world on special order.

So Fellow enthusiasts who are questioning the rarity, you can check howmanyleft website to see how many are registered.

There are only 7 for sale worldwide at the moment with prices between 28k-40k depending on the mileage.

I do appreciate your input guys. Thanks

Did you just import the car? Are you a trader?

It's almost impossible to come up with a specific value ... it's worth whatever someone is prepared to pay for it at the time. Unless you can find a collector who particularly values the rarity (presumably why you're posting here?) it might not be worth an awful lot more in the UK than a really good RHD E55.

If you run a search here W210 E60s have cropped up occasionally in the past ... IIRC there was a Brabus modified one being discussed a while back.
Yes i am a trader but I only import low mileage FRV's, odyssey's, GT4's and 350z convertible. I found this gem few months back and couldn't resist buying it. Still in my storage. Only drove it around the block to have a feel of it. Must admit, it feels rather special.

I would say circa £50-60k but as its a collectors item it's hard to say.

There is one on car and classic for £78k but half the mileage on.
That car listed on classics website is W124 which is even rarer. Do appreciate your input.

I got the feeling the W210 E60 was no way near as sought after as the W124 E60, despite being mechanically similar.

If you want big money for it, you could find yourself sitting on that for a number of years.

Best bet is a classic car auction with a suitable reserve if you require a reasonably quick turnaround.

Actually just noticing it's LHD, you'd be better selling that on the continent or possibly even in North America, they pay through the nose over there for this kind of thing.

In the UK most people look at the E60 and figure out they can buy a much newer (or even new) AMG for the same money, with more refinement, more power and the steering wheel on the correct side. Sad but true.
Your first part of reply is absolutely bang on and i totally agree with you on that. Regarding comparison, you obviously can't compare it with a modern AMG. This is of course a one off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom