very slight misfire at tickover

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chrisf-1

Car
W207 2010 E class 350cdi convertible
Hi again everyone I have a 1999 320 clk cabriolet which had a misfire at tickover a couple of months back I had the codes read which the gentleman told me related to the first cylinder on the left looking in from the front and was in fact No1 and said it was coil pack or leads finances were quite tight at the time so I first replaced the 2 ht leads no difference so I then purchased a coil pack and that improved it greatly but I still have a slight misfire at tickover and am beginning to think I made a boo boo and should have bought a set of leads as ECP do a full set of leads for £75 and 2 from mercs cost me about 30 quid !!! would this be a safe gamble or do I need to have the codes read again incidentally I changed all the plugs before doing anything and also the air flow meter the plugs were not up to scratch and not the platinum plugs I replaced them with, the car does not have the fast response it used to have but does not appear to be affecting mpg, but is not as quick of the mark as it used to be anyway suggestions greatly appreciated to resolve this problem many thanks Chris

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom