Vh Tuning Facelift

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeterG

Car
1992 300 SL 24V
Hi Guys
I am considering getting my 92 SL R129 face lifted to the new style Sl. The company is based in Belgium link below. Has anyone got any dealings with this company. Any thoughts for or against appreciated. The cost is 12k euros
http://www.vhtuning.be/

Pete

Hi,

Please do not take any offense, but I would not go that far... the body lines look a little bit "odd"... the boot lid looks a little bit strange as well....

However, that is just my opinion and does not mean anything.

If ur heart is set upon the conversion then good luck and I hope that u are pleased with the end result, and all goes well.

Have u consisdered face lifting ur model to a late 2000/01 SL (one of the last few to come of the production line) ?

Regards,

Flash

There is a company in W5 whom so these VH conversions also..

I have seen adverts for this here in UK ... same sort of stuff ...

Personally, I stick with the original ... there are some aspects that makes the conversion look odd ... and @ 12k EURO, its unlikely u are ever gonna recoup your outlay ...

Thanks guys all views appreciated. Vinny you say there is a company in W5 that does the same conversion do u have the web addy
Thanks
Pete

Re: SL conversion

Originally posted by philsy2k
If you do want to go ahead with it www.slcars.net do the same conversion, i dont know how much but they have two outlets in london

yep thats them!!! not W5 NW10 not too far away at all - hanger lane A40

Thanks guys and thats a great help, saves me a trip to Belgium. I will get back to u on the costs etc
Pete

I can just imagine my insurance company's response if I decided to do something like that !! They've been very tolerant so far with bits & pieces ... mirrors / wheels, etc. ! I wonder how a conversion like that affects things ?

(not that I would ever consider it, BTW, but good luck if you decide to go for it !)

Even more amusing was the "half" conversion at our GTG in August . . with a W203 front, and a W202 rear . . (and BIG chrome alloys !!) :D

S.

Originally posted by sym
Even more amusing was the "half" conversion at our GTG in August . . with a W203 front, and a W202 rear . . (and BIG chrome alloys !!) :D
Graham took a video of that car as I recall. I must confess I'm not a great fan of these 'model update conversions', there's one which updates the old S Class to the new version that has some very odd panel gaps around the boot lid and rear quarter panels. However, one man's meat is a another man's poison as the saying goes :) Good luck with your conversion Pete, please post some before and after pics if you decide to go ahead :D

S.

DONT DO IT

You will Never be able to sell a hybrid car, no doubt the build quality will be questionable.

Have you seen the adverts in Mercedes Enthusiasts Magazine???

From the front the SL looks the same, the sides however arent, the doors from the older SL look totally out of place, so do the A-Pillars, and the boot lid has to be stretched in order to fit making the rear clusters not fit with the car lines.

A mis-mash

Bloody hell you have me worried now. I would ideally just like a front end face lift . I have e mailed the company for costs and will go and see some of their conversions b4 I subject my precious to surgery.
Pete

The main people in the uk advertise in the mercedes enthusiast mag...

Mate - Dont do it, your recking your car and youll never sell it...
Honestly, ive seen one and the finish just does not look authentic close up, just too many things are different...

But up to you!

Jay

Dear god, look at this!!!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

It looks like a kit car
02.jpg

You have me convinced I will steer away from it thanks once again.
Pete :)

Got a price back from SL conversions £11,000, I dont think so !especially after the response I received here. Thanks again guys for guiding me in the right direction.
Pete

Pete,

You may as well put a Mondeo front on it, it would look just as aweful.
Stick with the classic lines you have, the 129 SL is a true classic in my eyes...

Just my 2p's worth...

11k :eek: :eek: :eek: combine that with the cost of your SL anyway and buy a CLK instead if you want a newer car...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom