viano 2.2 or 3.0?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cmarkod

Car
w211 220CDi
I'm after a Viano to replace my Grand Espace which is a 3.0Dci. I've got a s211 220cdi which I love and isn't short on power for the way I drive it. There are 7 of us in the family and we occasionally tow a trailer full of camping gear and the Espace copes well with this load and I'm wondering if I need the 3l in the Viano too.
Anyone any experience of either engine in the Viano?

Cheers
Chris

Ideally drive both and see what you think.

The V6 is quieter, smoother, and more powerful ... but heavier on fuel. We've had a Vito Dualiner (6 seater, 'Long') with the 3.0 for 6 years and it was definitely the right choice for us. It only averages 25-26 mpg though, up to 30 on a long run.

Of course you should really be looking at the Brabus version ... that has a 426 bhp V8 :)

Thanks. I only get mid 20's out of the espace so not hugely worried about the slightly heavier fuel use and both are in the same road tax band too. the V6 is group 17 vs group 15 for insurance so not much in that either. Am very tempted by the V6 and I've seen a great spec one too although its the exlong which is a bit bigger than I was after. I'll have a drive of both and see what comes up. I just missed out on a belter from Jay Manek so if I spot the right one, I'm going to move fast....

Well I've finally tracked one down and I put a deposit down on a V6 yesterday! The extra power is well worth the extra few quid in insurance. Its an 09 plate which is a bit newer than I was looking at and therefore slightly more spondoolies but it's fully loaded so hey:bannana: Picking up on Thursday as it needs a new headlight(cracked) and having a bit of TLC on the bumper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom