Viano 4Matic SPRING AND SHOCK ABSORBER LIFT KIT

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

scattomatto

Car
Viano 2.2 CDI 4Matic Marco Polo
Good day
I am a new member of this forum and in few days I will pick up my first (second hand) Marco Polo.
First a quick description of the van: Viano Marco Polo 2.2 CDI (Automatic Transmission) 4Matic from 2014.
I am jumping from a 4x4 (Landrover Defender) to this beautiful machine, however, I have a technical question regarding the spring and shock absorber setup.
I know this is not a four wheel drive system (traction 65% rear and 35% front) comparable with the full time 4wheel drive I had on my prevoius car, therefore, I have an open question for those who know better this vehicle.
Is it possible to rise, let's say by at least 5 cm, the car by installing a proper lift kit?
I am unsure if the car can be driven on unpaved road/tracks (nothing extreme) as the ground clearance is not too high.
Thank you for your advice.
Regards
Alan

I've seen a few kits listed for the w447 which can lift the body around 40mm. Also seen people fit air ride however not sure if the kits exist for 4matic models?

What size wheel rim and tyre has it fitted? Would a larger rim and tyre be an option if you only want a slightly increase

If I'm correct and you have a w639 then take a look at the below. The kit is suitable for 4MATIC and increases the ride height by 30mm or even up to 55 mm with bigger wheels according to the description.

VIANO 639 Bodylift

Also be aware that Mercedes-Benz have the option of greater ground clearance for different markets , I had an Indian built W124 which had longer springs , a metal sump guard for travelling on unmade roads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom