Viano alarm problem 56 plate

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

My1stmerc

Car
ml270
Hi I've just purchased a 56 plate viano and typically has an alarm problem. Upon checking I found it was disconnected but wiring plug was corroded. After sorting the wiring I connected the alarm again. Upon doing so I touched the wires on the car and it sparked. Nothing alarm related works. I've checked fuses all ok. Does the siren connect directly to the sam unit or are there any fuses inline. Also where can i get wiring diagrams for the car from? I've connected the alarm to a 12v supply and it does sound.

If yours is the same fuse board
fuse F35 fuse number 37 feeds the alarm sounder / battery.

Attachments

• Viano Fuse Board.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 3
Hi I've just purchased a 56 plate viano and typically has an alarm problem. Upon checking I found it was disconnected but wiring plug was corroded. After sorting the wiring I connected the alarm again. Upon doing so I touched the wires on the car and it sparked. Nothing alarm related works. I've checked fuses all ok. Does the siren connect directly to the sam unit or are there any fuses inline. Also where can i get wiring diagrams for the car from? I've connected the alarm to a 12v supply and it does sound.
Sounds like the module is no longer working! The siren is also the control module for the alarm, there are no fuses inlinethe only one is in the fusebox but it connects to the OHCP for the sensors! if you have checked all connections & still nothing could always get it checked with Star to confirm it is the module as they arent cheap..

If it's the same as mine £156 and on back order.
I've ben waiting since 18th December.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom