Viano erractic rev counter with shudder

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PITT90

Car
VIANO
Hi All

As i am new to the site, could someone please give me some advice, I have a 2008 Viano 3litre v6 diesel auto, after travelling for roughly 2 miles the rev counter will jump about 200 revs and a rumbling noise and a vibration will occur, the vehicle will do this while under acceleration / in cruise only, down hill it does not happen (coasting), I have fitted a new maf sensor (bosche) and Map sensor, as the mercedes diagnostic came back as these were the faults, this has not cured the problem, mercedes also said there was a hole in my intercooler, although the vehicle is not loosing any coolant, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hi All

As i am new to the site, could someone please give me some advice, I have a 2008 Viano 3litre v6 diesel auto, after travelling for roughly 2 miles the rev counter will jump about 200 revs and a rumbling noise and a vibration will occur, the vehicle will do this while under acceleration / in cruise only, down hill it does not happen (coasting), I have fitted a new maf sensor (bosche) and Map sensor, as the mercedes diagnostic came back as these were the faults, this has not cured the problem, mercedes also said there was a hole in my intercooler, although the vehicle is not loosing any coolant, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sounds like a gear box problem or torque converter.
Get the box serviced and see what the oil is like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also get the Intercooler replaced - its not that expensive. You won't loose coolant through the intercooler but you will loose oil!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom