Viano - General Questions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

m1_jdh

Car
SLK 350, 2008
Hello All,

I have recently purchase a second hand Mercedes-Benz Viano, 2008 Ambiente 3.0 TDI for family purposes. Full MB Service History with circa 33,000 miles on the clock.

Briefly, the specification comprises:

Electric Sunroof Front and Rear
Roof Rails
Electric Sliding Doors
Auto Lights and Rain Sensor
Comand
Phone Prep and Cradle
Rear Entertainment (Factory Roof Mounted)
Self Levelling Suspension

There doesn't appear to much information on upgrades that I can find on this forum which are specifically Viano related, and so, I have some questions as follows:

1. Is it possible to uppgrade to an auto dimming rearview mirror? The current mirror has a toggle on the underside which leads me to understand that it is not auto dimming. If yes, what do I need to purchase and what steps do I need to follow?

2. I would like to upgrade to Xenon Projector Headlamps which fully comply with UK law. I have read up on the stipulated DVLA requirements. My vehicle has auto levelling suspension (operational from the rear) and therefore I would need the proper projector headlights and the bumper washer jets. Is there a step by step guide of what I need to purchase, and details of how to undertake the conversion please? Is there anybody who could professionlly undertake this upgrade for a fee who could be recommended to me?

3. The rear sunroof blind has a hole in it - can anybody advise how would go about replacing this?

4. I have electric folding side mirrors. Is it possible to auto fold these on lock? If yes, please advise as to what I would need to do to enable?

5. How easy is it to replace the rear carpet - which is no in the best of conditions?

6. Is it possible to upgrade the Comand to a unit which has an SD card slot?

7. I miss the electric memory seats but figure that this would be a costly upgrade unless anybody can advise to the contrary - I would be interested to know what I would need.

Any help and advice would be appreciated; thank you in advance.

Matthew

Well if you come back all you list can be done.

Not 100% on your mirrors but , if YoU go into vehicle setting or convenience on the dash board , there should be an option to choice fold on lock ,,, my ml and sl have this option ,, hope it helps

100% with Zenman, yes they can be done but it won't be cheap. But that's retro fitting for you.

Hello Zenman63,

I not quite sure I understand your response; please could you kindly expand?

Thank you very much in advance,

Matthew

What do you want to know, yes it all can de done and more, are you doing it your self or wanting it doing and it will come down to cost as we taking big £££.
One thing at a time is what I have done.

Thank you for responding.

I'm sure some of things I can do myself.

Would like to change the interior rear view mirror to an auto dimming unit quite quickly. Xenons are also important.

I would like to know for each upgrade what components I would need and what professional assistance where applicable would be required.

Are you able to recommend anybody who could assist with the Xenons upgrade?

Thank you in advance,

Matthew

If you going xenons then face lift the front, where are you?
Mirror is MB parts and the harness, its all from MB parts and expensive but if your going for it then yes I have done most including upgrading the dash heater control to Thermotronic, well with it.

Thank you.

I am based in Northampton.

When you say facelift the front isn't my 08 model the last facelift before the current? I would just be happy to fit a new front bumper which had the headlight washers and the correct headlamp units from MB which have the projector lenses and xenon bulbs. What else would I need as far as a Xenon upgrade is concerned?

In terms of auto dim rear view mirror is this simply plug and play? Again, what would I need?

Do you have any photographs detailing your step by step upgrades you could send me please?

Thank you for continuing to respond.

If you going xenons then face lift the front, where are you?
Mirror is MB parts and the harness, its all from MB parts and expensive but if your going for it then yes I have done most including upgrading the dash heater control to Thermotronic, well with it.

I think I already have thermotronic - LCD display in centre of dash with dial and climate control?

@m1_jdh

I don't know if you've tried using the search function on the forum. Most of the things you are asking are covered either completely or partially. For example, by searching on "vito xenons", one of the threads that may assist is this http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/general-discussion/134168-dualiner-2.html.

Good hunting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom