Viano identity

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Marku

Car
Viano Ambiente 2.2CDI W639, S-Class 450SE W116
Isn't about time that Mercedes sorted their car dealers out? None of them appear to know even their full model range. Several times now on approaching dealers they state that they don't service the Viano as it is commercial. Most recently this was by the dealer who had already serviced it several times and done repairs. This is not a cheap vehicle its about twice the cost of a B-Class and more than a C and some E-Class. I have really had enough of being treated like some poor relation by MB dealers and having to argue with them the next service will be by an independent.

Take it to MB commercials and have it serviced.
When I brought mine it had full MB service history and pages of paperwork, so I call the dealers who did the last service and was met with the same, we don't service them, but its been to you twice I said, oh yes thats right we do service them! hopeless.
When I sold my old 120 Vito I asked my commercial dealers if they could look after the new Viano and it was a confident yes.
Parts the same, no problems as I have a trade account there.
MOT the same, plus its 24 hours.

I do the opposite, taking my Vito to M-B Ascot (Greenoaks) who are definitely not a commercial dealership :D

+1 for commercial dealers. The one I use collects the van and returns it at times that suit me. They also do services/repairs while you wait and overnight servicing/work being a 24 hour operation. Much more accommodating than a car dealership IMO.

I can highly recommend Rossetts Commercials in Aldershot, where I took the Vito for 6 years. They were M-B Commercial dealership of the year for many years running and put most car dealerships to shame.

I only take it to M-B Ascot now as they are about a mile and a half from my house.

I never had any problems with the commercial dealer when we had our Vito. Trouble is it is a bit awkward to get there. MB themselves even got it wrong when they recalled the Viano and told me to take it to the commercial dealer. When the car dealer found they quickly claimed it. Used to have a real fight sometimes with the previous car dealer and really the current one has been fine more or less but recently with a change of personnel the problem is back. Interestingly have got a Volvo/Range Rover dealer not far away and they said they would be happy to service it although not sure about resetting the service display. Any way have found an independent who is not too far away in Nottingham and I might have a look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom