Viano rear wiper motor

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Marku

Car
Viano Ambiente 2.2CDI W639, S-Class 450SE W116
The rear wiper on the Viano is getting very erratic. It will go so far and then stop press the switch again and it will return or stop halfway. Are there any alternatives to replacing the motor or is that not the cause?

Funnily enough I have exactly the same issue now on our Vito. I'm also assuming it's the motor .... there was a thread not so long ago but it rather fizzled out:

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/electronics/207446-rear-wiper-motor-viano.html

I very rarely use the rear wiper (possibly why it's giving up the ghost). Pretty sure it's 'optional' i.e. no problem for MOT etc., but I'd still like it to work properly ;)

Two Vitos ago I've had the same problem caused by leak from the wiper spray pipe. Changed the motor.
Might sound silly but since then I've never used rear spray.
Problem solved

Is this an easy DIY job? Specifically getting that big plastic tailgate trim panel off and back on again.

I had the pipe to my rear washer come apart the first winter I had the van (when the washer fluid froze it pushed a union apart). But that was in the rear of the van (in the pillar that the light cluster is on), rather than in the tailgate.

BTB 500 said:
Is this an easy DIY job? Specifically getting that big plastic tailgate trim panel off and back on again. I had the pipe to my rear washer come apart the first winter I had the van (when the washer fluid froze it pushed a union apart). But that was in the rear of the van (in the pillar that the light cluster is on), rather than in the tailgate.

Quite easy I'd say. Had to replace a few green panel clips as well but nothing major. Good to get some beforehand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom