Viano styling help

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Viano961, Oct 13, 2019.

1. Viano961

Viano961 New Member

Car:
    Viano
    upload_2019-10-13_0-12-59.jpeg
    Hi all new here
    please forgive spelling and grammar i am dyslexic

I have a 2013 viano long in black I want to know if this will look naff, so is this to much or will look stylish

I want to get away from black taxi/funeral car look
    (was stoped a couple weeks back and asked for a ride thought I was a taxi)
    It was the best van for age/mileage/budget
    Colour was the compromise

I would like some led side bars, led Mercedes logo in front grill and stripe over the bonnet and back door

Bars are on a transit custom but are the same for viano
    [​IMG]
    Grill led
    [​IMG]

Iam stuck between 3 Stripe all will be same colour dark grey enough to stand out against the black
    Stripe A
    [​IMG]
    Stripe B
    [​IMG]
    Stripe C
    [​IMG]
    this is my first post here so don’t mind if people are brutal, I’m in my early 30 and don’t want to drive a chav van lol looking for a little style
    would like to know other people’s views
    Thanks

Last edited: Oct 13, 2019
  2. Abb

Abb Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    Mercedes
    First of all welcome to the forum :) There is no need for brutality, just a bag of mixed of opinions from members on here. Personally I can see why you want to do it (not that it matters, it is your motor and irrelevant what others think), my 2p worth would be Stripe C but without the MB logo, I like the light up star (this is an official MB accessory) and the LED bars. I have not seen the bars before but do know the ML W166 comes with illuminated running boards as an accessory too.

Do let us know what you decide regarding customising the van....with the obligatory pics of course. :)

3. Smart320

Smart320 Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    R172 SLK 55AMG , Toyota RAV4 3 dr
    Welcome , I agree with Abb, can see why you want to lose the ' undertaker ' look. I don't like the MB logo on the stripes but anything else you do would be an improvement. Have fun making it look good.

Pontoneer likes this.
  4. BTB 500

BTB 500 MB Club Veteran

Car:
    R129 SL500, W639 Vito 120, S203 C230
    Yup privacy glass on a black vehicle is a bit of a problem as far as the looks go! I prefer stripe A myself, although not sure how well dark grey will show up against black. Might be tempted to go for silver I think. Not personally keen on the side bars or grille, but it's your vehicle so if you like them go for it! Just a slight caution ... you may find that even small cosmetic mods. like this affect your insurance if you declare them (which you're supposed to).

Pontoneer likes this.