Viano styling help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Viano961

Car
Viano
upload_2019-10-13_0-12-59.jpeg
Hi all new here
please forgive spelling and grammar i am dyslexic

I have a 2013 viano long in black I want to know if this will look naff, so is this to much or will look stylish

I want to get away from black taxi/funeral car look
(was stoped a couple weeks back and asked for a ride thought I was a taxi)
It was the best van for age/mileage/budget
Colour was the compromise

I would like some led side bars, led Mercedes logo in front grill and stripe over the bonnet and back door

Bars are on a transit custom but are the same for viano
a443a35a-951f-4042-9c2c-40ccddeb9ee9-jpeg.89595

Grill led
a564ad31-68a6-4b72-9e7b-93dfdbe2cbba-jpeg.89596

Iam stuck between 3 Stripe all will be same colour dark grey enough to stand out against the black
Stripe A
0d8929d4-9288-4333-8880-de214efdb264-jpeg.89597

Stripe B
366cb728-c573-4d9d-b9a1-bb696b287b9d-jpeg.89598

Stripe C
74298876-53a8-46a5-8054-ba0667acac43-jpeg.89599

this is my first post here so don’t mind if people are brutal, I’m in my early 30 and don’t want to drive a chav van lol looking for a little style
would like to know other people’s views
Thanks

Last edited:
First of all welcome to the forum :) There is no need for brutality, just a bag of mixed of opinions from members on here. Personally I can see why you want to do it (not that it matters, it is your motor and irrelevant what others think), my 2p worth would be Stripe C but without the MB logo, I like the light up star (this is an official MB accessory) and the LED bars. I have not seen the bars before but do know the ML W166 comes with illuminated running boards as an accessory too.

Do let us know what you decide regarding customising the van....with the obligatory pics of course. :)

Welcome , I agree with Abb, can see why you want to lose the ' undertaker ' look. I don't like the MB logo on the stripes but anything else you do would be an improvement. Have fun making it look good.

Reactions: 219
Yup privacy glass on a black vehicle is a bit of a problem as far as the looks go! I prefer stripe A myself, although not sure how well dark grey will show up against black. Might be tempted to go for silver I think. Not personally keen on the side bars or grille, but it's your vehicle so if you like them go for it! Just a slight caution ... you may find that even small cosmetic mods. like this affect your insurance if you declare them (which you're supposed to).

Reactions: 219
Hi all thanks for your reply’s did not think I would get any.
sorry for late getting back to you all been away for 1/2 term with family and having some major work done on the house so been a little busy, will keep you all up 2 date with how I get on, not decided much yet lol
Nothing existing but I have just ordered a custom carpet mat for the rear compartment, it has the rail cut outs so i can still use/move the table and move the seat, my van has a 4 captain chairs and table lay out in the back, I have it in conference lay out (well that’s what the dealer sead it was called) 2 seats rear facing 2 forward facing table in the middle

Hi
I have a 2013 black extra long wheelbase mercedes viano with privacy glass windows and black interior. I have had the bonnet wrapped with black carbon fibre look. Also the wheels which were silver diamond cut, are now charcoal grey. Its a great look. I get a lot of looks from VW owners. It looks very smart, not boy racer.

I had a black Vito for 3 years, and still prefer that to the silvers that followed.
Ex long traveliner, with privacy glass.
There was only one time I was assumed to be other than a private owner. After a funeral we were driving from the Crem' through the grave yard and the grave diggers stopped to wave hi. It didn't strike me why till later.

T5/6 owners are spoilt for choice when it comes to ‘pimping’ their vehicles as there is a whole industry out there waiting to take their money. Mercedes/Ford and everyone else have an awful lot of catching up to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom