Viano sunroof leaking

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jamievuk

Car
Mercedes Viano
Hello all!

Help desparately needed! I've recently brought a 2012 Viano with a sunroof. When we first used the sunroof it was obviously that it hadn't been used for a long time so I've used good ol' WD40 to loosen the mechanism. However the sunroof does not close properly, leaving a lip as pictured.

Ive tried a little bit of brute force when trying to close it with no joy and also tried an electrical reset of the sunroof and the thing still won't close. I've also cleared the channels of dirt.

Has anyone got any advice on how to close it and where do I find the drainage pipes please?

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• 20210504_101555.jpg
    20210504_101555.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 8
Keep working and spraying. But allow the motors to cool.
When it's working fully let the WD40 disperse and lubricate correctly.

With the sunroof open stick your head up and you should see the drains at the front corners of the gully.
Rod them through to the front wheel arch area with something not too sharp.

Thanks. Can anyone provide any pictures on where the drains are? I can't seem to locate them.

WD40 is OK , better than nothing but would not be my first choice for this job. I would use a spray lubricant with PTFE in it . WD is water displacement , you are not trying to displace water .

Once you have it closed I do believe MB have their own product for lubrication. Best of luck :thumb:

I’m having the same problem with my 2012 Viano, did you get this sorted??? Also how did you reset the sunroof.

Thanks in advance

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom