viano tyre pressure help pls

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gototravel

Car
viano
Can someone tell me the correct pressure for Viano w639 with 225/55/17 (front and rear), not run-flat tyres? I checked the plate at the fuel tank lid, but it only shows run-flat tyres.

On the Vito it seems to depend on the gross weight but I guess 36-38 psi won't be far away! I'm running 36 psi on mine.
Hope that helps

If im not posting, then im retro fitting!! MBClub UK

I run them at 38psi. MB recommend normal 33 and fully loaded 44. Both in my experience are wrong as they give abnormal tyre wear and these tyres are not cheap. 33 will give you much increased shoulder wear and 44 crown wear, a short tyre life and a very hard ride. After experimenting I found that 38psi gives a better and more quiet ride and the best tyre life.

On the Vito it seems to depend on the gross weight but I guess 36-38 psi won't be far away! I'm running 36 psi on mine.
Hope that helps

On the plate behind fuel tank flip cover, it says 36-38.but saying 225/55/17RF.I am not using run flat tyres though

I run them at 38psi. MB recommend normal 33 and fully loaded 44. Both in my experience are wrong as they give abnormal tyre wear and these tyres are not cheap. 33 will give you much increased shoulder wear and 44 crown wear, a short tyre life and a very hard ride. After experimenting I found that 38psi gives a better and more quiet ride and the best tyre life.

are you using. Run flat tyres?

No mate, ive been running Continental sport contact 5's

No run flat tyres. Came new with Goodyear Eagle and used them until this year when Goodyear replaced them. Still running them at 38psi and no problems also think that perhaps they are a bit more quiet than the Eagle.

No run flat tyres. Came new with Goodyear Eagle and used them until this year when Goodyear replaced them. Still running them at 38psi and no problems also think that perhaps they are a bit more quiet than the Eagle.

thanks mate. will have all 4 new tyre with 38 and see how it goes.:bannana:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom