vibrating brakes :(

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RichWeath

my clk500 shudders/vibrates very harshly under breaking but only seems to be front left, it also pulls much harder whilst driving than normal and seems to knock when turning left between 35-60mph any ideas?

the tracking was set up by WIM just before xmass, and i do not recall having hit a pothole, the wheels have been changed as one was cracked though though the replacments are genuine amg with correct offsets, and this problem only arrived about 2 weeks after fitting??????????

Wheel bearings?
Wheel rotation sensors dirty, teeth broken?
Sensor cable/plug damaged on both front wheels? Could the sensors be swapped left for right, doest the problem follow the sensor?

Last edited:
Hi, check the brake pads/brake pad carrier is sliding back and forth freely within the caliper. One of the fronts may be binding against the disk and causing the car to pull to one side and will cause a juddering when braking as the disks overheat.

No offence Richy but if you are a car **** (your words not mine!) I suggest the safest thing to do is get into a garage. :)

Where are you based? There are a good selection of indys on here so one may be near to you.

Last edited:
The wheel that was replaced was it balanced?

I would guess at a warped brake disc.

Or could it be a broken spring (See my post on broken spring..)

As this is affecting your cars handling / braking I would be booking into an indy to have it checked. It could be something or nothing but you don't want it to lead to an accident.

The wheel that was replaced was it balanced?

I would guess at a warped brake disc.

Or could it be a broken spring (See my post on broken spring..)

As this is affecting your cars handling / braking I would be booking into an indy to have it checked. It could be something or nothing but you don't want it to lead to an accident.

i had wheel off an cheeked spring, looks fine!
all 4 wheels where replaced and balanced so that should be fine,

is there an INDY in the dartford area that anyone could recomend please!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom